- 06-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Dietitian's tip: By using egg substitutes instead of whole eggs and substituting vegetables for sausage and cheese, you cut out much of the fat and cholesterol in this breakfast burrito.
1/2 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1/4 cup canned corn
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 flour tortilla, 6 inches in diameter
2 tablespoons salsa
In a small skillet, add the chopped tomato, onion and corn. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft and moisture is evaporated. Add the egg substitute and scramble with the vegetables until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
To serve, spread the egg mixture in the center of the tortilla and top with salsa. Fold in both sides of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size: 1 burrito
Cholesterol 1 mg
Protein 12 g
Sodium 519 mg
Carbohydrate 34 g
Fiber 4 g
Total fat 5 g
Potassium 525 mg
Saturated fat 1 g
Calcium 91 mg
Monounsaturated fat 2 g
- 06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I use a similar recipe, but with organic low carb wraps. You can get some interesting flavors like jalepeno salsa and tomato basil.
06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah, this has been a great boon....so many flavors and textures to choose from these days.Originally Posted by Beebs
Similar Forum Threads
- By Superdoad in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:40 AM
- By cookmic5 in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2004, 11:09 AM
- By bigpump in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 12-04-2003, 03:20 AM
- By Bean in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:50 PM
- By Lifeguard in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 01-08-2003, 05:36 PM