- 06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Sarah Marshall, Hons BSc., CPT
Estimated times: Preparation – 12 min. / Cooking – 50min. / Yields - 8
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- whipped cream
Directions: PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F
COMBINE sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- 06-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I thought this was suppose to be healthy eats?
I love pumpkin pie so much though, and pumpkin bread.
- 06-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Dont forget sugar can be replaced with splenda, and whipped cream with light cool whip. There you have it
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
and make that a whole wheat crust = or a damn good semi healthy cheat
06-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Exactly. Just looks delicious!!
Similar Forum Threads
- By SinOrSlim in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 11-09-2011, 07:37 AM
- By gmc4180 in forum RecipesReplies: 11Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM
- By EasyEJL in forum SupplementsReplies: 53Last Post: 03-24-2008, 08:19 AM
- By Ninsha in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-02-2008, 08:26 AM
- By jcam222 in forum RecipesReplies: 17Last Post: 02-06-2007, 05:57 AM