1 1/2 ounces raw sunflower seeds, approximately 1/2 cup
3 ounces sliced almonds, approximately 1 cup
1 1/2 ounces wheat germ, approximately 1/2 cup
6 ounces honey, approximately 1/2 cup
1 3/4 ounces dark brown sugar, approximately 1/4 cup packed
1-ounce unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
6 1/2 ounces chopped dried fruit, any combination of apricots, cherries or blueberries

Butter a 9 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ onto a half-sheet pan. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, extract and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.

Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees F. Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit, and stir to combine. Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

zarraza

Awards
did you get this recipe from the food network?
i was watching a show that had a very similar if not this EXACT recipe for granola bars and the quote at the bottom was identical! i just held off making them because i'm trying to have ZERO carbs right now!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
did you get this recipe from the food network?
i was watching a show that had a very similar if not this EXACT recipe for granola bars and the quote at the bottom was identical! i just held off making them because i'm trying to have ZERO carbs right now!
Yep, from Food network.. Pretty good bars, and you know what is in them so it's pretty fun. You can also make alternatives to this recipe, like other nuts, fruits, etc...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
freezito Recipes 1
yeahright Recipes 0
Recipes 0
BigVrunga Weight Loss 20