pleeease help my bland chicken and rice!!!!!!

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
A staple in my as well as I'm sure all of yours is brown rice with chunks of chicken breast mixed in, I am DESPERATE for a sauce to add a little flavor, my diet isnt TOO strict I'm in a lean bulk so a little fat and/or sodium won't kill me...any suggestions?

size

Awards
  • Established
Hot sauces. There are so many different types of hot sauces that one can try that the plain chicken and rice can taste different each day. Many hot sauces, especially those using habaneros, only require a small portion for a big taste. Hot sauces with mango or lime or coconut etc. are all good choices for new flavors especially when you try the different peppers.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, those all sound like great ideas keep 'em commin'

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
chicken seasoned with garlic and/or onion powder never gets old for me. cajun, carribean jerk, and mesquite are other good seasonings that will add good taste.

if you are bulking, try adding a tbsp of peanut butter to the brown rice and mix throughout the serving. the taste is amazing!:burg:

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I get those canned curry cooking sauces for like 4 bucks. Only like 50 cals a serving. I probably use half a serving if that. The one I have now is called Chef Shiekas or something like that. Makes a huge difference.
I also heard trader joes sells brocolli and cheese flavored brown rice now??? have yet to confirm it.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got the ticket!!!!!!!!

go to waldenfarms . com

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
You could try some low cal/fat BBQ sauce. Kraft makes one I think, but I'm not sure since I haven't been able to find one around my house anywhere. :(

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Salsa, and maybe add in some veggies in the mix. Good fiber and excellent taste.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm actually a big fan of adding some mustard to my chicken and brown rice...just a suggestion

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
bump on the spicy brown mustard and salsa to any chicken dish!:bb:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
yeah together! sounds weird but I like it. I usually cut my chicken all up and mix the rice and veggies all up good with the salsa then just drizzle some spicy brown mustard over it and chow down!

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Bought some this stuff the other night...has some added sugar and some sodium not enough to be a serious cheat if your bulking but a good way to break up the chicken breast blues

Good stuff

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
frank's red hot

wonderful stuff. i do that and low sodium soy sauce.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
Bought some this stuff the other night...has some added sugar and some sodium not enough to be a serious cheat if your bulking but a good way to break up the chicken breast blues

Good stuff
link doesnt work

f18jock

f18jock

Awards
All great suggestions to make the chicken better. Here's one to make the rice taste a little better.

I use a rice cooker for all my rice cooking. I cook 2 cups(dry) of rice at a time. I use 2 cups of low sodium, low fat, chicken or beef broth from the can and to that add an additional 3 cups water. Put all the liquid and rice into the cooker, then add a good 10 shakes of some flavor of MRS. Dash. I prefer the South West Chipotle(nice n spicy).

This works wonders for making a bland staple of all our diets a little more palitable.

Enjoy

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the inoput thats sounds like a great idea I also use a rice cooker for all my rice