- 06-06-2006, 10:26 PM
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Poised on the brink of disaster.
- Rep Power
Dietitian's tip: This is a lighter, zestier version of the traditional crab salad. You can substitute lemon juice and wedges for the lime juice and wedges if you prefer.
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
12 ounces crab meat
4 cups mixed salad greens (mesclun) or romaine lettuce
4 lime wedges
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, vinegar, sugar, cucumber and mint. Add the crab and toss to coat well.
Divide the lettuce among individual plates. Top with the crab mixture. Spoon any remaining dressing over the crab. Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Cholesterol 76 mg
Protein 19 g
Sodium 293 mg
Carbohydrate 7 g
Fiber 1.5 g
Total fat 1 g
Potassium 564 mg
Saturated fat < 1 g
Calcium 124 mg
Monounsaturated fat < 1 g
Similar Forum Threads
- By MGH1982 in forum RecipesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:35 AM
- By CDB in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2005, 12:02 AM
- By TheCrownedOne in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2005, 04:10 PM
- By Moyer in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 12-29-2004, 08:52 AM
- By GymCandy397 in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 03-09-2003, 08:54 PM