Basic Recipes w/ Protein Powders

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys have any good ones for regular, daily foods? Muffins, pancakes, breads, whatever. I want to incorporate powder into everything! Flavors and brands don't matter to me (choc, vanilla, strawberry). I'll use it if it's good. I just want recipes or links to recipes using powders. Protein bars too. I've yet to find a really good bar recipe. I searched and found some bar recipes, but looking for something new with higher protein levels. Thanx in advance fellas!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys have any good ones for regular, daily foods? Muffins, pancakes, breads, whatever. I want to incorporate powder into everything! Flavors and brands don't matter to me (choc, vanilla, strawberry). I'll use it if it's good. I just want recipes or links to recipes using powders. Protein bars too. I've yet to find a really good bar recipe. I searched and found some bar recipes, but looking for something new with higher protein levels. Thanx in advance fellas!

I can't vouch for how good any of these are but here are some links:

~Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars

1 cup oat flour 1 ½ cups whey protein powder ¼ cup cocoa powder ½ cup nonfat dry milk powder ¼ cup stevia blend ½ teaspoon salt

2 egg whites ½ teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn) ½ teaspoon super-strength peanut butter flavoring (LorAnn) ¼ cup creamy peanut butter

¼ - 1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”x9” baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, flavorings, and peanut butter. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. With an electric mixer, slowly add the water until dough becomes a “gooey play-dough” consistency. Pour batter in lined pan, spreading, or pressing dough to an even thickness.

Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 bars. Delicious with low-carb ice cream.

Calories: 250 Protein: 24g Carbs: 24 Fats: 7 g

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
~~~Best Brownie Protein Bars

½ cup oat flour ¼ cup whole-wheat flour 1-cup whey protein powder ½ cup stevia blend 1/3 cup cocoa ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt

1-tablespoon liquid lecithin ½ cup fat free cream cheese (room temperature) 2 eggs ¼ cup fat free Miracle Whip 1 teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”x9” baking pan with wax paper.

In a bowl combine all dry ingredients. Set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric beater, combine lecithin, cream cheese, eggs, Miracle Whip, and flavoring until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix well. Pour batter into lined 9”x9” square pan and smooth evenly.

Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool slightly. Remove wax paper and cool completely. Cut into 9 bars.

Per bar: Calories:99 Protein: 9g Carbs:9g Fats:3 g

~~~Chocolate Raspberry Bars

1 cup oat flour 1 cup Milk & Egg Protein powder (MLO) ½ cup powdered milk 1/2 teaspoon pure stevioside extract ½ teaspoon salt

2 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate 2 tablespoons butter

8 ounces fat free cream cheese (room temperature) ½ cup glycerin 1 teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8 ½ ”x11” baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes.

Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler, or in the microwave for 1 minute on med-high power – stir until completely melted. (If needed microwave an additional 30 seconds.)

In a bowl, beat cream cheese, glycerin, and flavoring. Using an electric mixer, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Pour batter into lined pan, spreading to an even thickness.

Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 12 bars.

Per serving: 290 Calories 16g Total Fat 21g Protein 17g Carbohydrate

~~~Coconut Protein Bars Easy, Economical, and DELICIOUS! 3 grams of carbs per bar

These bars are fast and easy to make. Please read below for ingredient information.

½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water ¼ cup Stevita Stevia Supreme or ¼ cup Stevia blend or ¾ teaspoon pure stevia (stevioside) 1/3-cup glycerin 2 tablespoons coconut oil 1 ½ cups isolated soy protein powder ¾ cup Milk & Egg Protein powder (MLO) ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (dried, NOT fresh) ½ teaspoon coconut super-strength flavoring (LorAnn) ½ teaspoon pineapple super-strength flavoring (LorAnn)

1. In a microwave safe container, heat ½ cup of water to a boil. 2. Thoroughly dissolve stevia in hot water. 3. Add glycerin and coconut oil to water mixture – Allow to cool completely. (Using warm or hot water will ruin the texture of this protein bar.) 4. In a mixing bowl or large food processor container combine soy protein, Milk and Egg protein (MLO), and coconut. 5. Stir the coconut and pineapple extract into the cooled water mixture. 6. Slowly pour the cooled water mixture into the dry mixture and process with a sturdy mixer of food processor until the dough forms coarse crumbs. 7. Leaving the mixture in bowl, kneed it into a large ball. It should be the consistency of pie pastry dough, firm, yet slightly crumbly. If it is sticky, add more soy protein powder. If the dough is not moist enough to hold together when you squeeze it add more water one tablespoon at a time. 8. Forming the protein bars is essential to giving them that “store bought taste”. Press the dough evenly into a slightly oiled 8”x8” pan. Lightly oil the top of the dough. 9. The next step is pressing the bars to achieve the desired texture. Place another 8” x 8” pan on top of the dough. Place weights on top of this pan. (I use 50 pounds worth of hand weights.) Allow the dough to press for several hours or longer depending on your personal taste. Alternative method: Press dough onto a cooking sheet into an 8” x 8” square. Using heavy meat pounder or rolling pin, pound the dough until desired textured. After pressing the dough, cut into bars 1 ½” x 4”. Makes about 12 bars. These bars contain no preservatives so they must be refrigerated for storage.

~~Strawberry & Banana Meal Replacent Bars~~
Makes 6 bars

1 c. raw oatmeal
5 scoops of Strawberry protein powder [90g. of protein]
1/4 c. fat free cream cheese
1/2 c. non fat dry powder milk
2 egg whites
1/4 c. water
1 1/2 bananas, mashed
2 tsp. Canola oil [this is the secret ingredient to keeping these bars moist instead of the traditional dry bar]
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9" square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a med. bowl combine oatmeal, protein powder, and dry milk. Set aside. In another bowl beat together with an electric hand mixer; cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water and oil. Add the oat mixture and continue to beat until the two are combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 6 bars. Nutritional stats per bar are;
Calories:203
Proteins:22g.
Carbs:22g.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
BANANA FLAX SEED MUFFINS

1 cup Vanilla SF syrup
1 stick butter - melted
3 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tb. banana flavoring
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tb. vegetable oil

1 cup flax seed
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup soy flour
1 tsp. baking powder

walnuts - optional

Mix wet ingredients in bowl. Beat very well.

Mix dry ingredients in second bowl.

Mix wet ingredients into dry. Stir until very smooth.

Pour evenly into (12) muffin tins lined with paper cups
(these muffins bake up "over the top")

Bake ~ 350° for 18 to 22 min., until knife inserted in the
center of a muffin comes out clean.

Makes 12 muffins. Scant more than 3 carbs per mufin

Total recipe has 53 g.carbs, 16 g. fiber for net 37 (37 ÷ 12 = 3.08)

CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER MUFFINS

3 eggs - beaten

1 stick butter > melted
1 T peanut butter > together

ADD:

1 C Chocolate SF Flavoring
1 T vanilla

Beat until smooth

Still in until blended:

1 C Chocolate Protein Powder
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 C ground Flax Seed
1/2 c pecans

Beat eggs, still in melted butter/peanut butter
until smooth.

Beat in dry ingredients

Bake ~ 350 for 25 minutes

Makes 12 muffins

These are 2.5 carbs per muffin

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Holy hell thats alot of recipes bro!!!

It would take me a year to try all these out! :D

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
fellas??????? there are girls here too ;) Maybe I can find something for you :) If your good!!!!!!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
fellas??????? there are girls here too ;) Maybe I can find something for you :) If your good!!!!!!
I think Dr.D would appreciate that. I just cut and pasted from the net. For all I know, these taste like dirt. If you have some recipes that you can vouch for, I think we'd all be grateful.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Dr.D would appreciate that. I just cut and pasted from the net. For all I know, these taste like dirt. If you have some recipes that you can vouch for, I think we'd all be grateful.

OMG, there is a real person behind that name!!!!!!! KOOL! I thought it was a computer designed to fetch information for us lazy a$$es :)

I be happy to get a few together for ya all, Ive made my own a few times, One time I made a huge batch and sent them to our son in Japan, enough for him and all his buddies :)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOL, well given that your advice has kept my testicles from shriveling up and drying away, I think we can call it even. :box:

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
My wife makes these energy bars there is no protein powder in the recipe but I'm sure you could add it.. BTW these are so flipping good!!!

1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup golden molasses
1 egg
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch gray salt
1/2 cup milk (2 percent is preferable)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Place oats and sliced almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 10 minutes.
Set aside. Turn the oven to 325 degrees F.
Place raisins, apricots, oats, and almonds in a food processor. Pulse about 10 times
until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter, brown sugar,
molasses and egg until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl, combine both flours, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda,
vanilla, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Add the milk and mix thoroughly. Add dried
fruit mixture. Butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Pour in the batter and spread evenly.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until set. Cool in the pan. Cut into 18 (1 by 4-inch) bars.
To store, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap. Will keep for about 1 week. For longer
storage, freeze for up to 3 months.