Mango salsa pizza

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Mango salsa pizza

Dietitian's tip: The skin of a mango is tough and not meant to be eaten. But peeling and pitting the fruit can be a challenge as the flesh clings to both the skin and large, flat seed at its center. For best results, cut downward along one side removing a "cheek." Remove the other cheek the same way. Place the cut portion on the cutting board flesh-side up and cut 1/4-inch squares in the flesh. Turn the cheek inside out and remove the fruit from the skin with a knife.

SERVES 4

Ingredients
1 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup mango, seeded, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 12-inch prepared pizza crust, purchased or made from a mix

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly coat a 12-inch round baking pan with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, mix together the peppers, onions, mango, pineapple, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.

Roll out dough and press into the baking pan. Place in the oven and cook about 15 minutes.

Take the pizza crust out of the oven and spread with mango salsa. Place the pizza back into the oven and bake until the toppings are hot and the crust is browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Cut the pizza into 8 even slices and serve immediately.

Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size: 2 slices
Calories 325
Cholesterol 0 mg
Protein 8 g
Sodium 128 mg
Carbohydrate 64 g
Fiber 4 g
Total fat 4 g
Potassium 275 mg
Saturated fat trace
Calcium 28 mg
Monounsaturated fat 1 g

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's low in fat, but Mango salsa pizza? Uh why don't u try one first and let me know how it works out. :D

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. There's no place for fruit on a pizza, including pineapple :rasp:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I think it sounds good! Throw some chicken on there to up the protein, and your good to go! :D

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Did someone say mangos. Don't let Rage see this thread.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL! Spiced Mangos are my heart but Mangos on my pizza?!#!! Hell, I'd figured someone would get their ass whoped for that

p.s. Your Avy makes me sick.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
LOL! Spiced Mangos are my heart but Mangos on my pizza?!#!! Hell, I'd figured someone would get their ass whoped for that

p.s. Your Avy makes me sick.

ROTFLZ! I've seen you in the gym with an Aquafina bottle in your hand buddy, it can't make you too sick.