Spicy Jalapeño burgers - for cutting

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is a recipe I have been making a lot recently, and I love them :)
I have designed it for a low cal, low carb diet.

Ingredients:
Extra lean ground turkey or chicken (you can use red meats, I like to keep the cals low).
1 Jalapeño (chopped)
Chopped garlic
1 Egg white (whole egg if not cutting)
Chilli powder (to taste – I like them hot)
½ medium onion (chopped)
½ green pepper (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
Whole wheat flour.

Cook the onion and green pepper until soft (I steam them in a pan with a touch of water).
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the flour.
If the mixture is too runny (should be sticky but not fluid-like) add some rolled oats.
Split the mixture up and roll into balls.
Flour a work surface and coat the surface of the balls with flour – pat down gently to a burger shape.
Spray pan with PAM and cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.

I love these really spicy, but you can add or remove certain ingredients depending on what you like.
Oh and spicy food is thought to increase metabolism - bonus!
The smaller the balls you roll or the thinner you pat them, the less cooking time is needed.
The flour on the outside is not a requirement, but it makes this delicious crust on the outside of the burger.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Damn, this sounds good. I'll have to give this a try this week. Thanks KG :)

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Do you have the Marcos for this? If not I can figure it out I'm just lazy lol but heck ya sounds GREAT will do for sure this weekend!

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It all depends on what meat you use and how large the burgers are you make.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could you sneak some cayenne in there and have it be its own fat burning burger?

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Could you sneak some cayenne in there and have it be its own fat burning burger?
Great idea.
My friend who I gave the recipe to puts cayenne pepper in them and says they taste great!

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Alright I can't wait till the weekend for this I have some ground turkey in the fridge!! Thanks Karate!!!!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Damn, these sound great! Got my mouth watering right now! Damn DIET!!:rant: I'm starving right now, Lol! I am going to make some of these this weekend and let you know what I think! Thanks for the great recipe to help out the dieiting dulldrums:drunk: !