Chicken - R U sick of it like we are?

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Ok, if you're sick of chicken like we are, here's a few recipes to spice things up:

Chicken Recipes

1. boneless/skinless chicken breasts marinated for a few hours prior with the following: 2 parts balsamic vinegar/1 part extra virgin olive oil and a few squirts of spicy/dijon mustard whisked together and put in a bag with the chicken. BBQ for 8 minutes on each side with mrs.dash salt-free chicken seasoning.

2. In most of these, I am working with 6 oz chicken breast, cubed, otherwise, it will be noted in the section. Typically, I will have either plain white rice, or fried rice with this (and vegetables, of course).

Marinades

BBQ:
1 tbsp light BBQ sauce
1 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp honey (optional)
1 tsp McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
1 tbsp worchester sauce
chili powder

Tandoori:
1 tbsp tandoori
1 tsp worchester
1 tsp golden sesame oil
1 tsp BBQ sauce
paprika/chili powder

Curried:
.5 tsp dry curry powder (I use Larich)
1 tbsp worchester sauce
1 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning

Cooking

Pineapple Curry:
1 small can of pineapple, cubed
.5 tsp curry powder (same type as above)
chili powder to taste

Simply combine all the ingredients with some water, and boil at a low heat setting for 25-30 minutes. Very easy and tasty.

Boiled BBQ:
1 chicken breast, 6 oz, whole (not cubed)
BBQ sauce (to taste)
.5-.75 cup of water

Use a small pot, diameter slightly larger than the chicken breast. Heat water, and add chicken, with the barbeque sauce on top. Cover, and cook 25-30 minutes at low heat setting, turning occasionally. Again, very simple to do. The resulting sauce is quite nice for using with rice or pasta, so I usually make this, and add the chicken/sauce to pasta.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Sounds pretty good. And yes, I am tired of chicken. I may have to give one of these a shot.

Thanks for the info.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Yes I am tired of chicken BUT I am far more lazier than I am tired of regular chicken, do you deliver?

CROWLER

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im gonna infuse some with garlic and put it in the pressure cooker, hoping it will be very moist :)

littleJ

Awards
i found that the 30 minute merinades work pretty damn good too.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will add a few to this.

Butterfly'ed Pepper Chicken

Ingredient:

7 oz Chicken Breast
1-2 Cups roasted peppers (of your choice)
1 tsp Worschestire Sauce
1 tsp Lime Juice
1 cup fat-free sour cream
4 oz fat-free cream cheese.

Directions:

Blend the peppers, worschestire, and lime juice. Mix cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth, add to puree. Defrost chicken breasts, once soft butterfly them (gut them). Stuff butterfly'ed chicken and bake or BBQ.

Nutritional Profile for Sauce:
Calories 44, Calories from Fat 2, Total Fat 0.2g (sat 0.1g), Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 117mg, Carbohydrate 7.3g, Fiber 0.3g, Protein 3.2g

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Ok, my girlfriend came up with this one. It was an off the cuff sort of thing, so the directions aren't very specific.

-1 jar pasta sauce (We used Ragu Lite)
-Large (whatever the biggest size is) can of chicken breast, or a couple breasts cooked and cubed
-3 or 4 quatered artichokes
-seasoning on your choice, I used an Italian blend

Drain the chicken, chop up the artichokes, and dump all the above into a pan. Let it simmer on low-medium heat for 20 minutes or so, and that's it. We had it over rice, and I've had it by itself. Both ways are very tasty. Plus you can just make a big container of if and take it to work like I do and use it for consecutive meals.

By the way, you're better off using the stove on this one. My lazy ass tried making it in the microwave, and I ended up with a flavorless approximation of the dish.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the contribution guys :thumbsup:

MS, that dish sounds damn good, gonna have to try that one soon. I'm a pepper addict :D

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I will add a few to this.

Butterfly'ed Pepper Chicken

Ingredient:

7 oz Chicken Breast
1-2 Cups roasted peppers (of your choice)
1 tsp Worschestire Sauce
1 tsp Lime Juice
1 cup fat-free sour cream
4 oz fat-free cream cheese.

Directions:

Blend the peppers, worschestire, and lime juice. Mix cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth, add to puree. Defrost chicken breasts, once soft butterfly them (gut them). Stuff butterfly'ed chicken and bake or BBQ.

Nutritional Profile for Sauce:
Calories 44, Calories from Fat 2, Total Fat 0.2g (sat 0.1g), Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 117mg, Carbohydrate 7.3g, Fiber 0.3g, Protein 3.2g
Sounds yummy bro.

I'd shoot uou a PM but I guess you'd need o hit my email instead: [email protected]

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I can't even look at chicken this last month or so.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Organic chicken is much tastier and the breasts much less dry. Another alternative is the guinea fowl - higher in protein, lower in fat, and HUGE on taste.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Hoping to get drawn for elk or possibly buffalo hunt this year. I'm big on game meat when I can get it, but it kills me to buy it at a store.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Organic chicken is much tastier and the breasts much less dry. Another alternative is the guinea fowl - higher in protein, lower in fat, and HUGE on taste.
Never had guinea fowl. But I can definately attest to the free range chicken. Much more flavorful and not full of a bunch of hormones.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hoping to get drawn for elk or possibly buffalo hunt this year. I'm big on game meat when I can get it, but it kills me to buy it at a store.
Me too Bio. My gf's dad goes hunting every year and makes his own ground deer meat, and elk meat and such. So good and so incredibly nutritous

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gonna have to try out a few of these recipes! Thanks guys.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
chicken and oatmeal have both been stimulating my gag reflex lately, but game meat just doesn't do it for me and i've had it prepared many different ways but none ever taste good to me so I guess I'll keep choking down the chicken and oatmeal. I would try some of these recipes but I like Crowler don't have either the time or motivation so steamed chicken it is- barf

Beebs

Awards
I get tired of chicken and tuna fairly easy, but never seem to get tired of pork. Pork is better and cheaper ($10 for 12 center loins). Just put a little olive oil in a pan, coat both sides with lemon pepper or tony's, and brown both sides.

JR07005

JR07005

Awards
What do you guys think of dark meat chicken? I buy the boneless/skinless thighs for much less than white cuts
Albiet it contains more fat, but... it really helps break up the monotony of white meat.
During a bulk, is it really that harmful?

BMCLouzee

I'm not sick of chicken YET. My boyfriend and I just got some chicken breast for $2.29/lb. It's 10% water, but who's complaining at that price! We're not big into special flavors or anything. I'm currently preparing mine by soaking it in Teriyaki marinade and my boyfriend is marinating his as fajita. We try and shy away from dark meat, but it is mighty tasty. We get marinated dark meat chicken fajitas on sale at our local grocery store, HEB, for 99 FREAKING CENTS a pound. Stir fry with onions and bell peppers and POW, instant awesomeness.

JR07005

JR07005

Awards
One of my favorites!!
Feel free to use your own portions to taste

Skinless/Boneless chicken thighs (thawed, and cut into chunks) I like dark for this, but white is also fantastic
Onion (white, yellow, red, whatever) chopped
Bell pepper (red or yellow if you like)
Fresh sliced mushrooms
Good 'ol garlic (diced is easiest)
A good helping of brown rice (pre-cooked, but on the dry side)

In a large (non-stick) deep skillet preferably one with a cover combine the veggies (except for the mushrooms)
Sautee with some olive oil until soft, and onions begin to brown
Add your mushrooms
Add your chicken
Cook until the chicken is done

Cut the heat, add your brown rice, stir well, and enjoy

I'll save the uneaten mix into 1 meal containers which I then microwave, and eat whenever.