LOve this all day

alguard

Awards
I usually eat low fat cottage cheese w/ organic tortilla chips topped w/ cayenne hot sauce. I love eating this stuff all day. I basically use cottage cheese as a dip.
The chips also do not contain and partially hydrogenated oils and its flavored w/ a touch of lime and sea salts. Hmmm just gotta love it./Plus the fiber that corn tortilla chips contains is a plus.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I put hot sauce on damn near everything, never thought of using cotage cheese with it as a dip though. Seems kind of disgusting on a first look, but I'm giving this a shot. If it's good, I've got a new snack food.

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
Try putting some cottage cheese and whatever else you want in a blender. Makes an awesome smooth dip for just about anything!

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Try putting some cottage cheese and whatever else you want in a blender. Makes an awesome smooth dip for just about anything!
This is an awesome idea. Just do that and you can add whatever seasoning you want. Add a little of a ranch seasoning pack, and its out of this world!! :D

I got through hot sauce, like you would not believe.

alguard

Awards
I actually was at party and I was dieting at the time when suddenly I spontaneosly had a creative idea. Friends were eating chips with dip ranch, sour cream, etc. all of which are dairy products. Boom their it was, sounds pretty weird cottage cheese but, in reality it really is no different tasting that all those variation of dairy dips so i figured add some cayenne hot sauce (BY the way cayenne is now proven to be benificial as a supplement by itself). Personally cottage cheese to me is the #1 protein food of choice for me.
IT has the highest levels of whey and glutamine than most other protein sources.
Another good combo is cutting a cantaloupe in half taking the seeds out from the center and filling it with cottage cheese. Good for post workout or even pre-workout. HMMMM CHEESY!

SelfKnowledge

Awards
Excellent idea.
I second that....

Has anyone tried maybe adding some avocados in there for a guacamole-like dip? You could add some good fats to that protein dip!

Now I'm just trying to think of a more healthy alternative than corn chips to use it on....

The blender idea is awesome...I'm going to try it this labor day weekend.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
baked beans and sour cream is a great dip, I wonder if subbing cottage cheese for the sour cream would be good too.... (mix some unflavored whey in to the cottage cheese for extra protein)