Sweet Cinnamon Broccoli

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
Anyone who is cutting atm probably knows that your 3 best friends in the world are Splenda, Cinnamon, and Spray Butter :)

It seems like I put it on almost anything to add some flavor while i'm cutting; and broccoli is no exception! This is what I came up with, I took 1 cup of broccoli flowerets, washed them and placed them in a bowl (I also diced up the stalks and added them in as well). Next, gave the bowl a few shots of spray butter, sprinkled some splenda (2 packets) and some cinnamon (maybe roughly 1 tsp), then tossed it all up.

Its quick, takes about 5min to prep and eat, and the best part is it tastes great :)

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, I would never have thought of a sweet broccoli dish.
I will try it tonight - Thanks :)
KG

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I'm to scared to try this lol. Gonna wait for someone else to post how they think it tastes. Don't wanna go through another Tuna & OJ nightmare again :lol:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
oh wow, sounds awesome!!! unfortunately i finished my last bag of frozen broccoli earlier today but im definitely trying this for next time. im a huge cinnamon advocate. i literally put it on everything during my contest prep (egg whites, chicken, shrimp, yams, oatmeal, etc) but ive never even thought of broccoli. cutting just got a little better. thanks for the tip:thumbsup:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I Don't wanna go through another Tuna & OJ nightmare again :lol:
:jaw:

that is foul sounding.. but Im not a big OJ fan. However tuna and fat free cottage cheese is quite tasty (or atleast it makes the tuna alone taste good)

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, well I tried it, and it was actually OK.
I am not sure I would do it often, but something a little bit different with plenty of fiber.
Thanks

gresh

gresh

Awards
Do you cook it at all? I love the recipe posted here for roasted broccoli, cooked in oven, I wonder how this would turn out if baked? I might try it this weekend, thanks.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Do you cook it at all? I love the recipe posted here for roasted broccoli, cooked in oven, I wonder how this would turn out if baked? I might try it this weekend, thanks.
Hey thats my recipe :)

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards

No. I don't cook mine, I just chop it up raw. If you try to bake it, let me know how it tastes :food:

gresh

gresh

Awards
Hey thats my recipe :)
And its a damn good one :food:
I think I've made it every week for the past 5 months. As an added bonus I throw in a few tablespoons minced garlic.

gresh

gresh

Awards
No. I don't cook mine, I just chop it up raw. If you try to bake it, let me know how it tastes :food:
I have a tough time eating raw broccoli, I prefer cooking the crap out of mine. I'll let you know how it turns out.