How to: Reduce fat in ground meat
- 05-05-2006, 06:10 AM
- 05-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by beallio
- 05-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Wow, this takes some time. Better to buy 5% lean beef.
Another thing if you want to cut the costs is to buy lean steak and make ground meat from it at home or ask at the store.
Far better quality meat than buying cheap ground meat and taking the fat. All the collagen that was in there stays.
05-11-2006, 09:55 PM
College student = little money + lots of timeOriginally Posted by Speischerkater
05-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Rinse the sh*t out of ground beef after cooking.
05-17-2006, 05:17 AM
From the frying pan I drop the meat into a plastic pasta strainer (after pouring out the grease, don't want that going down the drain), turn the water on hot, throw the strainer underneath, and then shake it back and forth.
If the meat cools down too much for your liking just throw it back in the pan after you've rinsed the pan out.
05-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Good information but I laughed when i read it b/c it is so involved. I just dump in container, fill with water, pour out water. Also I blot up grease as things cook.
Similar Forum Threads
- By BoyFromAus in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 10Last Post: 01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
- By OmarJackson in forum SupplementsReplies: 13Last Post: 06-06-2005, 08:41 PM
- By Matthew D in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-15-2005, 10:20 AM
- By Chemo in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 06-27-2004, 03:53 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 4Last Post: 01-01-2003, 05:32 PM