Banana Bread energy bars (under construction)

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.46%

Lightbulb Banana Bread energy bars (under construction)

Alright this is a work in progress I should have it nailed next time. You will need a food proccesor for best results ( a good blender may work but you will likely have to work in batches). I will give you the recipe I just used and then the modifications I plan to use next time. The texture is awesome I have yet to see anything to compare store bought or homemade.
    Ingredients:
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 (16oz) package of SILKEN tofu
    4 scoops of ON whey protien (vannila)
    2 Lg ripe bannanas
    1 Tbsp honey
    4 Tbsp peanut butter
    1/8 tsp vanilla

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Place oats into the food proccesor and pulse until you have a fine grind about 20 pulses 1-2 seconds each pulse. Remove oats from food proccesor and place in a bowl. combine all other ingredients in food proccesor (note I do not measure honey with spoons one quick squirt= about 1 tsp 8 tsp=1 Tbsp) once completely combined pour wet mixture into bowl with oats stir until completely combined. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick spray. pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes (mine took 30) until brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. let cool for 5 minutes then run a butter knife along the edges and flip it out onto a cooling rack. cool completely cut into 6 bars and individually wrap in wax paper place in a ziploc bag and keep in the fridge.

Total calories 1831 per serving 305.16
    Total Fat 56g per serving 9.33g
    Total Sodium 433 mg per serving 72.17mg
    Total Carbs 216g per serving 36g
    Total Sugar 65g per serving 10.83g
    Total Fiber 36g per serving 6g
    Total Protien 148g per serving 24.66g
    c/p/f 52/35/13

In this form they are not bad but they are fairly bland. When I make them again I will add cinnamon, Dried cranberries,1/4 cup splenda and probably 3 more scoops of protien. Please try this and let me know what you think. Also the wet batter is like a very good pudding or custard I will use Silken tofu to come up with a protien pudding or maybe a flan.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by adpanther
    Alright this is a work in progress I should have it nailed next time. You will need a food proccesor for best results ( a good blender may work but you will likely have to work in batches). I will give you the recipe I just used and then the modifications I plan to use next time. The texture is awesome I have yet to see anything to compare store bought or homemade.
    Ingredients:
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 (16oz) package of SILKEN tofu
    4 scoops of ON whey protien (vannila)
    2 Lg ripe bannanas
    1 Tbsp honey
    4 Tbsp peanut butter
    1/8 tsp vanilla

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Place oats into the food proccesor and pulse until you have a fine grind about 20 pulses 1-2 seconds each pulse. Remove oats from food proccesor and place in a bowl. combine all other ingredients in food proccesor (note I do not measure honey with spoons one quick squirt= about 1 tsp 8 tsp=1 Tbsp) once completely combined pour wet mixture into bowl with oats stir until completely combined. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick spray. pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes (mine took 30) until brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. let cool for 5 minutes then run a butter knife along the edges and flip it out onto a cooling rack. cool completely cut into 6 bars and individually wrap in wax paper place in a ziploc bag and keep in the fridge.

Total calories 1831 per serving 305.16
    Total Fat 56g per serving 9.33g
    Total Sodium 433 mg per serving 72.17mg
    Total Carbs 216g per serving 36g
    Total Sugar 65g per serving 10.83g
    Total Fiber 36g per serving 6g
    Total Protien 148g per serving 24.66g
    c/p/f 52/35/13

In this form they are not bad but they are fairly bland. When I make them again I will add cinnamon, Dried cranberries,1/4 cup splenda and probably 3 more scoops of protien. Please try this and let me know what you think. Also the wet batter is like a very good pudding or custard I will use Silken tofu to come up with a protien pudding or maybe a flan.
    I wonder how these would be with casein. Definitely needs Splenda. 1/4cup isn't enough, I'm think 1/2 cup or 1 cup. Cinnamon would work well and add health benefits such as increased insulin sensitivity.

I don't like the idea of adding any soy products to anything (estrogen is bad). Perhaps fat free sugar free pudding mix might be a viable substitution? It gels things really well, and when baked with the other ingredients would likely help to solidify things.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.46%

Thanks for the ideas I will definetly give that a try. Last that I read the estrogen link to soy was refuted. Do you have any resource links to this topic?
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by adpanther
    Thanks for the ideas I will definetly give that a try. Last that I read the estrogen link to soy was refuted. Do you have any resource links to this topic?
    If there were no link, then you wouldn't see menopausal ESTROGEN REPLACEMENT supplements made of soy.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.46%

The study I read said that it did have hormonal benefits for woman but showed no hormonal change in males (neither increased estrogen or decreased test) I am with you that logically it doesn't make sense but with so many applications I am eager to accept that it is harmless. Hopefully it is? I'll keep looking

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need a good protein/energy bar for preworkout
    By mondata in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 12:29 AM
  2. Energy Bars
    By gdbear65 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
  3. Energy Bars
    By Pitbull954 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2