rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
-2 tbsp natty pb
-1 tbsp honey
-1/4 cup oats
-1 scoop chocolate ATW isolate
-one smaller glass dish
-one medium plastic container-I used a square gladware one (DO NOT MICROWAVE HONEY IN PLASTIC!!!)

1) Get a small glass dish, microwave the pb for 3 min @ a power of 3 or 4.

2) Add the honey, microwave again for 30 seconds on a lower power. Take out and mix up real quick

3) Scoop out the pb honey mix into the plastic container. Add the 1/4 cup oats and scoop of protein. Mix together. If it seems to be too dry, toss in a teaspoon of water and it should be good to go.

4) Level out the mixture into the bottom of the dish and cover. I would toss it in the freezer for 15 min or so. Pull it out, uncover it and get some saran wrap or the "press and seal". Tip container upside down over the wrap and you can tap on the bottom and it just pops out onto the wrap. I would cut mine in half and get two bars that are:

222 kcals
17.25 Protein
18.75 Carbs
8.75 Fat

Just a quick easy way for a couple of bars to eat when you are low on time. I used it all the time when I was bulking over the winter and thought I would share. WOW, I miss these now that I am cutting :(

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Looks good Ry :thumbsup:
Does it matter if its isolate or concentrate or what? Thanks bro.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Nah, doesnt matter if its an isolate, bland or what. Also some splenda sprinkled on once you get it mashed into the container is a good addition.:twisted:

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
whats going to kill you out of these if your cutting as long as your keeping your calories in check? I can see with the honey but its such a small amount to seem to do any real harm

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
whats going to kill you out of these if your cutting as long as your keeping your calories in check? I can see with the honey but its such a small amount to seem to do any real harm
It is actually fine to use when cutting. Im just in contest prep and being ultra anal about having all whole food meals and making sure everything is soooo perfect. I annoy myself with it sometimes.

I made my mom some of these a couple weeks ago but added an ounce of raisins. She could not get over how great they tasted though I never got to endulge myself. Even with the raisins it still had a very good nutrient profile for how quick and easy is was to make.

Also you guys can try experimenting with some sugar free maple syrup in there and maybe even almonds. Im sure you can come up with a wicked bar that fits your individal tastes!

MTNMEDIC

Sounds nice and easy bra, I'll make a lil batch for our next dig.