Can you make a chicken breast in the microwave? - AnabolicMinds.com

Can you make a chicken breast in the microwave?

1. Banned
    Answers

Can you make a chicken breast in the microwave?

I need to start thinking about how I will prepare my food next year in the fraternity house that doesn't have a kitchen!

I am not sure if the foreman grill is allowed.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

yes, but not very appealing

3. New Member
    Answers

i do it all the time. just add some seasoning to it and its not that bad at all. im not sure what it does to the nutritional content, but its quicker and easier than grilling.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Foreman grill is pretty small, will anyone know? Man I hate microwaved chicken!

You could always cook under your bed
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yea, at my frat house we weren't allowed to have foremans either but I think there were atleast half a dozen in the house. Just be careful with it and there should be no problem...
  6. Advanced Member
    Answers

Do they ban refridgerators and freezers as well???!!!!

ahahah I had to ask!!!!!!!
  7. New Member
    Answers

no way!!!!!!!!! unless you like eating rubber.
  8. New Member
    Answers

Can you do a full chicken breast w/ bone on the foreman? if so how long are we talking about
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

id cook my chicken in the microwave if i wanted to give my jaw and stomach a workout. the best bet is to boil water and cook it in there, so in your case chicken in bowl of water nuke 10 mins or so. This is not ideal, but wont dry out and get rubbery, if you had a car a bbq in the trunk would be sweet.
  10. Senior Member
    Answers

AHH college! Chicken Breast with a side of ramen noodles w/ peanut butter MMMMM...
    If you use a micro wave be sure that you wash the chicken breast outer surface. The baterium that causes food poisoning is topical, located on the outer surface only. Microwaves cook from the inside - out. So, the chicken may be cooked inside but still have bacteria on the surface. I learned this the hard way.(!) I would recommend any other method of cooking unless you enjoy projectile vomiting... Immersing the chicken in water is a good idea.
  11. Senior Member
    Answers

During school, I would buy cans of chunk chicken breast from the store. You can add what seasoning you want and toss in the microwave for a minute or two and add microwave veggies for a meal. It would be a bit easier and tastier that microwaving a raw chicken breast. I sure it would be like gnawing on a piece of foam rubber.
  12. Advanced Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    During school, I would buy cans of chunk chicken breast from the store. You can add what seasoning you want and toss in the microwave for a minute or two and add microwave veggies for a meal. It would be a bit easier and tastier that microwaving a raw chicken breast. I sure it would be like gnawing on a piece of foam rubber.
    excellent advice. That and tuna are much better than a microwaved chicken breast!!!!!
  13. Banned
    Answers

Cans of chicken breast are actually tastey. Except they are around $3 a can the last time I checked. Tuna seems to be the better option for value reasons.
  14. New Member
    Answers

You can try this recipe it looked awesome on the show. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33151,00.html You can also pick up a microwave steamer/rice cooker for about ten bucks and steam it. If you want to stock up on canned tuna and chicken breast costco has them both for about half the price of the grocery store. worst case buy an extension cord and use your foreman outside.
  15. New Member
    Answers

Talking

I've been in a similiar predicament all year but I found the solution. The WalMart near me carries PRE-COOKED frozen boneless chicken breasts made by Puritan's Pride. They are in a big teal colored bag and cost around $7 for 8 breasts, each having 20g protein, 3.5g fat, and 3g carbs. I put 2 on a plate, put about 1/4cup water with them, cover them with plastic wrap and nuke them for 7mins on medium. They come out fork-tender, they're relatively cheap, and taste pretty freakin good with some low-carb barbeque sauce. =D
  16. Board Supporter
    Answers

Wow, you guys have frat houses without any type of kitchen? We must of been spoiled. We even had a chef for lunch and dinner.

And um, microwaved chicken is terrible. I'd find some type of grill (charcoal or something) and just cook a weeks worth of chicken. You can warm it in the microwave if you must.
  17. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    AHH college! Chicken Breast with a side of ramen noodles w/ peanut butter MMMMM...
    If you use a micro wave be sure that you wash the chicken breast outer surface. The baterium that causes food poisoning is topical, located on the outer surface only. Microwaves cook from the inside - out. So, the chicken may be cooked inside but still have bacteria on the surface. I learned this the hard way.(!) I would recommend any other method of cooking unless you enjoy projectile vomiting... Immersing the chicken in water is a good idea.
    I am not so sure this is true... 1/2 cook a chicken breast in the microwave and cut it open, its cooked on the outside and raw in the middle, ie not cooked from the inside out.

The way they cook is by making the water molecules in the food resonate(ie giving them more energy) this kinetic energy is converted to heat(via friction I guess) and voila, a cooked chicken breast.
  18. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    I need to start thinking about how I will prepare my food next year in the fraternity house that doesn't have a kitchen!

I am not sure if the foreman grill is allowed.
    I don't know about making chicken in the Microwave but I do know about cooking chicken in the Microwave. Atleast consider getting a George Foreman Grill or any other ultra-portable cooking device that doesnt take long and will be easy to clean later.
  19. Advanced Member
    Answers

yeah tuna can be a better choice. They have that whole mercury and heavy metal toxic thing, but I still eat a lot of it. Mustard and some hot sauce go a long way in making it taste better!
  20. Banned
    Answers

if you can find one of those microwave dishes with a steam lid, it will taste better and be alot more moist than just putting in there on a plate, Maybe like walmart?
  21. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    if you can find one of those microwave dishes with a steam lid, it will taste better and be alot more moist than just putting in there on a plate, Maybe like walmart?
    Good suggestion, I am going to start experimenting while at home.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fighters You'd Like to See in the UFC
    By Mulletsoldier in forum MMA
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 06:31 AM
  3. dsade, can you make this happen?
    By WannaBeHulk in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:23 PM
  4. If you could punch any celebrity in the face.....
    By dynomite in forum General Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 06:59 PM