Maple Cinnamon Protein Bars

4 Bars:

1 2/3 C Oats
1 2/3 TBS PB
1/2 C Sugarfree maple syrup
4 Scoops protein powder (1 Cup)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C Raisins

1. Heat large skillet on med-hi. Add oats to hot pan. Avoid burning by stirring and flipping frequently.*

*if you don't mind additional fat, at this point you can add unsalted almonds (bakery aisle) or any other nut to get toasted with the oats.

2. When evenly toasted (about 10 minutes), stir in raisins and cinnamon then transfer to a mixing bowl.

3. Add peanut butter--combine until evenly distributed.

4. In separate bowl, stir together the syrup and protein powder until it becomes a big puffy goo.

5. While oat mixture is still warm, stir in syrup mixture until well combined.

6. Line a cookie sheet with plastic wrap, spray with cooking spray, and mash the mixture onto the pan, creating a square shape of desired thickness. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool and solidify in refrigerator for 2 hours or more (overnight is good).

7. Cut into 4 bars by using a pizza cutter to cut right through the top and bottom layer of plastic wrap. Stack in tupperware and refrigerate until ready to eat.

Serving Size: 1 Bar
313 Cals

P/C/F:
40/40/20

auto_mail8939

Awards
Additional batch caculations:

1 Bar:

1/3 C oats (heaping)
1/3 TBS PB (heaping)
2 TBS Sugarfree maple syrup
1 Scoop protein powder
1/16 tsp Cinnamon
1 TBS Raisins

20 Bars:

8 C Oats
1/2 C PB
2 1/2 C Sugarfree maple syrup
5 C Protein powder
1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/4 C Raisins

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
nice recipe!!! i gotta make these sometime soon except ill substitute the whey with egg powder and/or a casein/whey blend. i can only imagine how good these taste:burger:

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn, they sound good. I can not see myself doing this correctly though. Please mail me some. :)

auto_mail8939

Awards
Damn, they sound good. I can not see myself doing this correctly though. Please mail me some. :)
Eh, they're not hard. Basically toast the oats, make the goo, and toss everything together. Made em today, took about 15 minutes. Damn good, damn cheap, and damn healthy, damnit.

Pit Bull

Awards
thanks. always good to have healthy munchie food

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for sharing, I could use the variety

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i just got really excited! im gonna make these tomorrow using BSN's lean dessert protein cinnamon roll flavor. OMG, its gonna be sooooooo good. i cant wait :drools::woohoo:

auto_mail8939

Awards
i just got really excited! im gonna make these tomorrow using BSN's lean dessert protein cinnamon roll flavor. OMG, its gonna be sooooooo good. i cant wait :drools::woohoo:
Haha wow cinnamon roll flavor that sounds amazing... is it as good as it sounds?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Haha wow cinnamon roll flavor that sounds amazing... is it as good as it sounds?
oh hell yeah! it is absolutely amazing. i really like the protein blend (whey, casein, egg) but they throw malto in it (like 5-6g) and some MCT's. 1 scoop is 20g protein, 7g carbs, 3g fat but the taste is great. putting it in oatmeal is a little taste of heaven so id imagine it would be great in these bars.