• 1/3 C oats, ground in blender or food processor
  • Basil (dash)
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • Garlic salt (dash)
  • 1/2 C cottage cheese (fat free)
  • Marinara sauce (about 2/3 cup)
  • 2 3.5 oz. chicken breasts; cleaned, dried, fat removed
  • 1 egg white whisked with 1/2 TBS water
  • Grated parmesan cheese (about 5 tablespoons)
  • 2 C cooked spaghetti (whole wheat)
  • 1 TBS salt (for pasta water)
  • Optional: 2 slices pickled or fresh jalapeno, diced
Preheat oven to 350F.

Salt & pepper breasts, then pound until even thickness.

Breading: Grind oats with garlic salt, basil and 2 TBS parmesan cheese in food processor. Place in shallow bowl and set aside.

Cheese: Drain cottage cheese in strainer and blend in food processor with garlic clove and 2 TBS parmesan til a ricotta cheese consistency (optional: stir in diced jalapeno). Set aside.

Whisk egg white with 1/2 TBS water. Dredge breasts in whisked egg white. Coat with ground oat mixture.

Heat shallow pan on med-hi with nonstick cooking spray and fry on both sides until golden brown.

Transfer to baking dish. Coat with marinara sauce and top with cheese mixture. Bake for 10 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melting down onto pan.

While chicken bakes, salt pan of water and cook pasta according to directions.

Serve breasts next to spaghetti w/additional marinara & remaining parmesan sprinkled on top.

1 Serving (1 Breast w/1C pasta):

CAL: 492

P /C /F
42/40/18

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
that sounds really good. i already do something similar and way more convenient. i buy this type of packaged breaded chicken at whole foods and it is delicious:
http://www.bellandevans.com/product_details.cfm?prd_id=49#

looking at the nutrition facts and ingredients, i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. just bake in the oven and then i add a lowfat or fat free pasta sauce that only includes sugars from the tomatoes and other veggies. then i top it off with parmesan rice cheese. tastes the same as real parmesan without the added fat and its low cal. ill usually serve with 2 oz of barilla plus pasta and this really is a treat yet very healthy. only down side is that buying the breaded chicken breats is like $6.50 for 2 of them:blink:

auto_mail8939

Awards
that sounds really good. i already do something similar and way more convenient. i buy this type of packaged breaded chicken at whole foods and it is delicious:
http://www.bellandevans.com/product_details.cfm?prd_id=49#

looking at the nutrition facts and ingredients, i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. just bake in the oven and then i add a lowfat or fat free pasta sauce that only includes sugars from the tomatoes and other veggies. then i top it off with parmesan rice cheese. tastes the same as real parmesan without the added fat and its low cal. ill usually serve with 2 oz of barilla plus pasta and this really is a treat yet very healthy. only down side is that buying the breaded chicken breats is like $6.50 for 2 of them:blink:
Wow those look good... but alas the college life has thinned my wallet and wal-mart's $7 42 oz. bag of chicken is the most I can pay for meat.

I can't see making this meal every day, but it's nice as a friday dinner with some wine or an occasional pre workout meal if I have a little down time. The nice thing is it feels like a cheat meal but when you look at the macros it's unbelievable--and most people have everything you need to make it.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Wow those look good... but alas the college life has thinned my wallet and wal-mart's $7 42 oz. bag of chicken is the most I can pay for meat.

I can't see making this meal every day, but it's nice as a friday dinner with some wine or an occasional pre workout meal if I have a little down time. The nice thing is it feels like a cheat meal but when you look at the macros it's unbelievable--and most people have everything you need to make it.
very true. great recipe, i might have to try this one to save some cash. thanks for posting this.

anabolicandre

Awards
Just made this today, it was amazing so I posted. Let me know how it turns out.
So its in the oven right now!!! I know its only 3:15 but I have clinicals tonight and I need dinner.

I was really amazed at how the Cottage cheese/parmesean/garlic combo turned out dude that **** was delish. If it didnt wreak havok on my breath I'd eat that all the time.

And one on thing I did diff.

I took the rest off the ground oats/parm combo and stuck it in my tomato sauce to thicken it. That tasted awesome too!

Whoa timer! GTG thanks a lot brother! share some more recipies if you got em:run:

auto_mail8939

Awards
So its in the oven right now!!! I know its only 3:15 but I have clinicals tonight and I need dinner.

I was really amazed at how the Cottage cheese/parmesean/garlic combo turned out dude that **** was delish. If it didnt wreak havok on my breath I'd eat that all the time.

And one on thing I did diff.

I took the rest off the ground oats/parm combo and stuck it in my tomato sauce to thicken it. That tasted awesome too!

Whoa timer! GTG thanks a lot brother! share some more recipies if you got em:run:
Glad you liked it--and if you didn't use jalapeno in the cottage cheese try it next time--it makes it that much better.