Yellowfin Dip

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There are 2 variants, low carb, and normal.

Normal:
1 can yellowfin tuna
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 tbsp turmeric
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup Kraft nonfat shredded mozzerella

Mix tuna, yogurt, spices thoroughly. Add in cheese and continue to mix. Lastly add oats and mix. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.

macros:
60g protein, 18.5g carb, 3g fat

Lower carb:
1 can yellowfin tuna
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 tbsp turmeric
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 cup Kraft nonfat shredded mozzerella

Mix tuna, yogurt, spices thoroughly. Add in cheese and continue to mix. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.

macros:
57.5g protein, 6.5g carb, 1.5g fat

Whichever you prefer, it goes great with some raw veggies. Just take some fresh broccoli or asparagus, dip it in and munch away.

EDIT: the spice amounts I listed are variable to your liking. Also, instead of turmeric, I find that McCormick brand organic Curry Powder is absolutely amazing. I add it ... liberally to this dip.

Last edited:

Speischerkater

Awards
Thank you, sounds great!

I would also suggest that some fresh chilis would be great to add, instead of the chili powder, if available.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great! Where the phuq do I get canned yellowfin, though?

I can find Albacore, Tongol, regular mudsucker tuna (just kidding---but you know, that regular kind), but I haven't seen yellowfin in a can. Is there a brand? Thanks!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds great! Where the phuq do I get canned yellowfin, though?

I can find Albacore, Tongol, regular mudsucker tuna (just kidding---but you know, that regular kind), but I haven't seen yellowfin in a can. Is there a brand? Thanks!
Oh, I picked yellowfin cus it's even cheaper than light tuna, and it tastes like albacore. I get Wegmen's brand.

You can sub for light or albacore if you want. I wouldn't eat too much albacore though; high mercury content. Light tuna's taste is lacking though.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the albacore is tasty. I don't think I eat enough of it (and other mercury laden fish) to worry too much, but it's definiteley a concern. Mercury is no joke. Maybe a combo of light tuna and albacore. Or if I can find the yellowfin, I'm in for that!