Fajita Soup

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
I made a whole stock pot, but this can be easliy scaled down.

4.25 lbs bonless/skinless chicken breasts
3 cans of fat-free refried beans
1 can whole kernal corn
2 cups sliced fresh jalapenos
1 large white onion
1 each red, green, yellow bell pepper (or any combination of 3)
48 oz tomato juice
2 tbs minced garlic
1/4 c cumin

boil chicken breast until falling apart. Drain. Add chicken, rf beans, tomatoe juice together and bring to boil. Stir in remaining ingredients and loer to simmer, uncovered, for ~30 min. Makes 6qts.

Total Calories: 4920 676g protein, 351g carb, 80g fat
60/24/16

I split it into 6 equal servings.

jdubz

Awards
how long does it take to boil the chicken breast?

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
jdubz, cover the breasts in water and simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes.

madmas, I used fitday last night and didnt really proofread it. 68g fat from the chicken breast; another 10 form the corn(wtf?) 1 each from peppers and tomato juice.

That's just what it said. In reality it may be much lower.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
That sounds good. Aren't refried beans in a paste? Or is it a regular bean?

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Ya, refried beans are a paste. When you add them in to this soup the tomato juice thins them out. It comes our pretty thick like a chowder. Another thing I some times do is cut one can of refried beans and add one can of black beans.

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
68g fat from the chicken breast; another 10 form the corn(wtf?)
I dont know hwat chicken breast they are using but it should be much lower than that even if its flavored with a fatty substance.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I think that a 68g fat calculation for the chicken breasts must be including the skin. Most calorie-calculating sites have options for with skin and without. If one is in a hurry, it's easy to make a mistake.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
wow sounds like a really tasty and simple recipe... ff refried beans hard to find??

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Refried bean are easy to find. They are most often where the mexican food is and/or by all other beans.