Vanilla Cinnamon Bread Pudding

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This recipe only works with Casein, NOT with Whey. The consistancy will be completely different if you use whey protein.

This is a variation on my "Banana Chocolate oat pudding". The BCOP has a tradiational pudding texture. The Vanilla Cinnamon pudding is just like bread pudding; more of a thick spongy texture.

Here's my "Vanilla Cinnamon bread pudding" recipe:

Ingredients:
1 packet Quaker Weight Control Cinnamon oatmeal
2 tbsp Philly nonfat cream cheese
3 tsp cinnamon
2 scoop ATW Vanilla Calcium Caseinate
6-7 packets splenda
Nonfat Whipped Cream

1) Add a slight amount of water to the oatmeal, and drop cream cheese in.
2) Nuke for 1 minute on high
3) Remove from microwave, and mix cream cheese thoroughly into oatmeal until it has a creamy consistancy.
4) Add cinnamon, splenda, and Casein
5) Add a small amount of water and beginning mixing slowly
6) Consistancy will become doughy
7) Keep adding water gradually so you can continue to mix it
8) Resulting consistancy should be easily mixable, and only very slightly gooey.
9) Put whipped cream on top and place in fridge for 2 hours
10) After 2 hours remove from fridge. Whipped cream will have "melted" onto the "pudding".

The end result is a vanilla/cinnamon bread pudding. Yes there's no bread in it, but the consistancy is identical to bread pudding. Basically it's like eating bread pudding that tastes like a cinnamon bun.

Here are the macros on it:

Protein: 62g
Carbs: 26g (+10g fiber)
Fat: 3g

Calories: 379
Ratio: 65/28/7

If you workout in the evening, it works really well as breakfast. The casein is a slow digesting protein, so you get a consistant supply of protein gradually throughout the day.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
dude I just drooled on my lap.. you son of a *****.. lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
That recipe made me happy...:)

DollarB22

Awards
Thanks for the recipes, I have been trying them so much that my girlfriend said I was obsessed. then she tried one and now wants "dessert" all of the time. Maybe a dumb question but since I make extra servings at one time, should I keep these refrigerated until serving or just the initial 2 hours???

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep refridgerated until served. Personally I find the longer the bread pudding is refridgerated, the better the texture gets.

I'm going to be doing a littel searching and I'm going to see if there is something I can do to make it even spongier. Currently it still has a slight gooey consistancy, although EXTREMELY thick. It's halfway between spongy and gooey.

When my contest prep ends, I'm going to be doing some experiments adding yogurt to various recipes. The sugar content isn't ideal for a cut, however healthwise you get the added benefit of acidophilus (sp?).

I only wish they made sugar-free yogurt.

I bet you adding yogurt to the cottage cheese recipe and the banana oat pudding recipe would really hit the spot.

DollarB22

Awards
Keep refridgerated until served. Personally I find the longer the bread pudding is refridgerated, the better the texture gets.

I'm going to be doing a littel searching and I'm going to see if there is something I can do to make it even spongier. Currently it still has a slight gooey consistancy, although EXTREMELY thick. It's halfway between spongy and gooey.

When my contest prep ends, I'm going to be doing some experiments adding yogurt to various recipes. The sugar content isn't ideal for a cut, however healthwise you get the added benefit of acidophilus (sp?).

I only wish they made sugar-free yogurt.

I bet you adding yogurt to the cottage cheese recipe and the banana oat pudding recipe would really hit the spot.

So your recipes are healthy enough for contest prep?? I have been lifting for a while but just started to pay the proper attention to my diet because I was tired of working out a lot and still only getting moderate cutting. I agree the bread pudding was actually better the 2nd and 3rd day.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Once per day, I have this one, the vanilla cinnamon bread pudding.

Once per day I have the chocolate mint cottage cheese pudding as well; typically post workout.

So yes, these recipes are useful during contest prep. You just have to make sure you factor in all your macros for the day. The quality of the carbs in this recipe is excellent so there's no reason it shouldn't be useful in contest prep as long as you can fit the carbs.

Lately though I've had to reduce to 1.5 scoops simply because I have to drop calories and protein is the only place I can do so viably at this point. I was eating over 400 grams of protein per day.