new favorite post workout meal

methyl-D

methyl-D

Awards
OK after my workout the other day I wanted to try something different. 5000 cals/day makes you want to experiment lol. Went to the grocery store. Got 3 8oz filet mignons, bag of hash browns, and eggs. Got home fried up the eggs with the hashbrowns. Grilled the steaks, chopped em up and mixed it all together, even threw in some flax seed meal. Got some big soft tortilla shells and it made for some awesome burritos! Ate for 2 days. Leftovers are great for breakfast too! Any ideas of other stuff to throw in let me know.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Aren't you afraid of eating all that fat at the worst time of the day?

CROWLER

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Aren't you afraid of eating all that fat at the worst time of the day?

CROWLER
agreed. I'd save that for the after-post meal; Just get some whey and carbs in post w/o.

methyl-D

methyl-D

Awards
Yea I have a MRP right after I work out. I guess I really didnt mean "immediately post workout", but later after I have worked out that day. It was really good tho and I am trying to get in a crazy amount of cals so im trying to be creative. By the time I made the stuff and ate it, it had been like 90mins or so since my mrp...Would you say this is bad?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I wouldn't eat hashbrowns or tortillas (unless they were whole grain).
Potatoes have about the same GI as table sugar and processed grains aint much better. $.02

Now sweet potato hashbrowns OTOH. Mmmm mmm

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Yea I have a MRP right after I work out. I guess I really didnt mean "immediately post workout", but later after I have worked out that day. It was really good tho and I am trying to get in a crazy amount of cals so im trying to be creative. By the time I made the stuff and ate it, it had been like 90mins or so since my mrp...Would you say this is bad?
that sounds ok. Just make sure it's gonna give you 30-50g protein and about 60g carbs more or less..

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
i would be intested in hearing a recipie for those... mmm hashbrowns
That really wouldnt be that hard to make.
Just have to mess around with the cooking times a couple of times and Im sure it would turn out great.

There is a place whre I live that actually sells Sweet Pot. French Fries. Not sure if alot of places have them, but, I have never seen before.

Bangin if you did them in some honey!!

2fast2live

Awards
Oh man, you had to mention sweet potato french fries, i love those things!!!!

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, you had to mention sweet potato french fries, i love those things!!!!
Dude, I could seriously eat about 5 lbs of those in one sitting. Then ****:rant:, and eat another 5 lbs. That are that freaking good arent they!

2fast2live

Awards
I know it, in fact im gonna put them at the top of my list of foods to eat when i get back to the states.

methyl-D

methyl-D

Awards
wish I could find those around here... Getting tired of canned yams

hardmuscl4life

Awards
Have any of you guyz tried sweet potato pancakes? They are relatively easy to make and don't requite a deep frier like the french fried ones do.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Potatoes have about the same GI as table sugar and processed grains aint much better. $.02
Really? Where did you read that? Everything I've read puts the GI of a baked white potato at between 55 and 60, which is on the low end of medium. The GI of most sugars is around 100.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really? Where did you read that? Everything I've read puts the GI of a baked white potato at between 55 and 60, which is on the low end of medium. The GI of most sugars is around 100.
Someone is yanking your chain then man...They are at 85, with a glycemic load of 28, both hella high...And table sugar (sucrose) is at 68 with a glyecmic load of 8..I wouldn't eat plain baked potatoe if you payed me.

methyl-D

methyl-D

Awards
Have any of you guyz tried sweet potato pancakes? They are relatively easy to make and don't requite a deep frier like the french fried ones do.
No but id llike to...they on here somewhere?? if not, how do u make them?

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Someone is yanking your chain then man...They are at 85, with a glycemic load of 28, both hella high...And table sugar (sucrose) is at 68 with a glyecmic load of 8..I wouldn't eat plain baked potatoe if you payed me.
After further research, I think you are closer to being right, but I'm still seeing it all over the place, varying from the upper 50's to the upper 80's. I'm also seeing variations among types of white potatoes (new potatoes having a lower GI). It's weird. Look at this from http://www.glycemicindex.com/:

Potato, Russet Burbank, baked without fat (Canada) GI: 56 GL: 12.2

Potato, Russet Burbank, baked without fat, 45-60 min (USA)GI: 78 GL: 17

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
OK after my workout the other day I wanted to try something different. 5000 cals/day makes you want to experiment lol. Went to the grocery store. Got 3 8oz filet mignons, bag of hash browns, and eggs. Got home fried up the eggs with the hashbrowns. Grilled the steaks, chopped em up and mixed it all together, even threw in some flax seed meal. Got some big soft tortilla shells and it made for some awesome burritos! Ate for 2 days. Leftovers are great for breakfast too! Any ideas of other stuff to throw in let me know.
You're killing me man. I'm trying to cut here!
Do you have a low fat/low GI version of this dish? :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
After further research, I think you are closer to being right, but I'm still seeing it all over the place, varying from the upper 50's to the upper 80's. I'm also seeing variations among types of white potatoes (new potatoes having a lower GI). It's weird. Look at this from http://www.glycemicindex.com/:

Potato, Russet Burbank, baked without fat (Canada) GI: 56 GL: 12.2

Potato, Russet Burbank, baked without fat, 45-60 min (USA)GI: 78 GL: 17
It's like under-ripe bananas and ripe bananas, the GI changes pretty drastically as they ripen....The classic "white potatoe" that everybody eats is around 80-85