Tastes like a dessert, but isn't...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It could just be that I'm dieting, but this concoction I added to as one of my meals is absolutely out of this world as far as diet-meals go.

1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1.5 tsp cinnamon
about 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
1 scoop Chocolate Mint ATW powder (I use Blend, but any kind is good)

OMFG it's delicious! And check out the macros...

Cottage Cheese: 25g protein, 3g carb, 0g fat
1 scoop Whey: 22g protein, 1g carb, 1g fat
cinnamon: 0g carb (+2g fiber)
total: 47g protein, 4g carb (+2g fiber), 1g fat, 213 calories

The stuff is practically pure protein! And the cinnamon adds some fiber to it as an added bonus. As I said though it could just be because I'm dieting that this tastes so fantastic to me, but it is far and away my favorite meal of the day.

Once I'm done with my contest prep, I'll keep this on as one of my meals. Though I may increase the quantities. i.e. I might just double everything.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I've done this minus the nutmeg and plus a little honey. It is pretty damn tasty.

mab904

mab904

Awards
Wow...someone else actually eats stuff like this. I make this, and sometimes add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter to the mix. Sounds nasty...but damn it's good. :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Null, you could add in some flax oil. I think it enhances flavor. I would never think to mix mint chocolate with cinnamon, but I'll try it.

Thanks

Jblake

Awards
Ground flax seeds or flax oil add a brownie batter flavor to any kind of chocolate shake. Mix chocolate protein powder, just enough milk to moisten it and bring it to a batter consitency (xantham gum helps with this consistency even more but I'm not sure everyone here is willing to dish out for it), some chopped walnuts and flax oil... it's a pretty good imitation of brownie batter.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here is a revised formula that tastes even better for those nonbelievers out there. The meal becomes pretty hefty though with this new forumla, but the taste and texture have improved considerably...

2 scoops ATW Chocolate Mint Blend
1 cup nonfat Cottage Cheese
3 tsp cinnamon
3 packets splenda
2 tbsp Philly nonfat cream cheese
Sugarfree Fatfree whipped cream

Mix the Philly in with the cottage cheese first and make sure it's spread as evenly as possible. Then add the other ingredients. It is typically necessary to add some water too to get it to mix right. Just add enough water to make it possible to mix and no more. I just eyeball it; it isn't much.

Btw, I was wrong on the macros of the nonfat cottage cheese. I used the USDA database, but in truth it varies from brand to brand. I use Giant Foods brand. It has the lowest sugar that I've seen.

Here are the macros on the new batch:

74g protein
13g carb (+4g fiber)
2g fat

Yeah, it's a lot of protein. But I'll be darned if it isn't one of the tastiest ways to eat protein.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just tried this but with my Icecream vanilla ON protein. It's damn tasty!

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here is a revised formula that tastes even better for those nonbelievers out there. The meal becomes pretty hefty though with this new forumla, but the taste and texture have improved considerably...

2 scoops ATW Chocolate Mint Blend
1 cup nonfat Cottage Cheese
3 tsp cinnamon
3 packets splenda
2 tbsp Philly nonfat cream cheese
Sugarfree Fatfree whipped cream

Mix the Philly in with the cottage cheese first and make sure it's spread as evenly as possible. Then add the other ingredients. It is typically necessary to add some water too to get it to mix right. Just add enough water to make it possible to mix and no more. I just eyeball it; it isn't much.

Btw, I was wrong on the macros of the nonfat cottage cheese. I used the USDA database, but in truth it varies from brand to brand. I use Giant Foods brand. It has the lowest sugar that I've seen.

Here are the macros on the new batch:

74g protein
13g carb (+4g fiber)
2g fat

Yeah, it's a lot of protein. But I'll be darned if it isn't one of the tastiest ways to eat protein.
I'm going to try this but add almond butter instead of cream cheese.
Thichen it up with some ice cubes cubes to

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The whole point with the Philly nonfat cream cheese is that it is nonfat. Philly brand has 5g protein and only 1g carb for 2 tbsp.

I would only add almond butter if you really want the extra fat. The truth is their are better sources of fat, and better ways to eat fat. i find many seem to focus on EFAs like they are free calories or something when the truth is they are far from it. You only need a few grams of EFAs a day for optimal health and to gain their fatloss benefits. Going over that amount though only serves to hinder fatloss or even contribute to fat gain.

I'm contest prepping right now, and I had been megadosing fish oil. I just dropped my fish oil intake down to 3g a day and dropped my total fat intake. I increased complex carb intake slightly and upped protein intake more and low and behold I'm seeing some definite lean mass gains along with continued fat loss.

Long story short: adding fat to this meal makes it worthless as a diet food.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Kind of depends on how much fat you have at other meals(but I get your point) Don't be so hard on almond butter(especially if your low carbing)
1 oz
16 g of fat
6 g carb
5 g protein
I was thinking more just on pure taste and you just need a little

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
EEK! 16g of fat!!! :eek:

Currently I eat 20g per day!

6g of carbs is too much as well for an additive during a low carb diet.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your proably right on all counts:burger: , but unfortunately I must try this at least once with my little twist.

Thanks for the receipe!

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
It could just be that I'm dieting, but this concoction I added to as one of my meals is absolutely out of this world as far as diet-meals go.

1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1.5 tsp cinnamon
about 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
1 scoop Chocolate Mint ATW powder (I use Blend, but any kind is good)

OMFG it's delicious! And check out the macros...

Cottage Cheese: 25g protein, 3g carb, 0g fat
1 scoop Whey: 22g protein, 1g carb, 1g fat
cinnamon: 0g carb (+2g fiber)
total: 47g protein, 4g carb (+2g fiber), 1g fat, 213 calories

The stuff is practically pure protein! And the cinnamon adds some fiber to it as an added bonus. As I said though it could just be because I'm dieting that this tastes so fantastic to me, but it is far and away my favorite meal of the day.

Once I'm done with my contest prep, I'll keep this on as one of my meals. Though I may increase the quantities. i.e. I might just double everything.

Ive done something similar as my pre-bed meal for probably the last 3 years of my life....cutting or bulking. If bulking Ill add in some peanut or almond butter (also with sesathin so need a bit of fat). Havent used the cinammon in a while, but Ive been using true protein's chocolate in a nighttime blend with 1/2 ff cc, and then add extra chocolate flavoring. Good stuff. ive gotten my non-bbing roomate to eat this as well for a meal, as well as family members.

Pit Bull

Awards
this is tasty definantly satisfies my sweet tooth craving at night

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
yep almost every nite before bed I will stir together cottage cheese, peanut butter, and chocolate whey protein, I absolutely love it

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
if you are worried about the sugar, cinnamon helps metabolize sugar..so its a plus by having it in there anyway.

"One-eighth of a teaspoon of cinnamon triples insulin efficiency," according to James A. Duke, PhD, a botanist retired from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and author of The CRC Handbook of Medicinal Herbs.

h19