BLACKENED CHICKEN - OR BLACKENED ANYTHING

homer55

Awards
I haven't checked through this website to see if this is common knowledge, but I want to suggest something that people may like. Get some Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning blend, shake a little on a boneless chicken breast (as much or as little as you like -- I don't put on too much because it does have salt in it), and sautee in a little oil. I use olive oil but you can use whatever you like. I cut the chicken breast into three or four pieces before cooking to coat the chicken better.

Im sure you could use any of Chef Paul's seasonings with a good result. I've always used the Blackened Redfish because that is the original. (Blackened Redfish was a famous dish at K-Paul's restaurant in New Orleans.) It isn't necessary to make the oil really hot so that the meat is truly blackened. You just want to cook it, that's all.

Obviously, you can use this seasoning on fish. It works great on a fish like tilapia. I even sprinkle some on hamburgers before I grill them. I should warn you that your life may never be the same after you discover this stuff. It is incredible. You can get the seasoning in just about any grocery store or you can buy it online. A bottle should cost you less than $4.

By the way, this seasoning has a little heat in it, but not much. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is maybe a 3. My 10 year-old daughter can handle it and she doesn't generally like spicy food so most people should be OK with it.

akp2004

Awards
Couldnt agree more. that line of seasonings is perfect for people that dont mix up their own spice combos. You get nice variety - they pretty much make any dish taste better, and last a long time. It looks harsh kicking down 4 bucks for a bottle of spices, but they really do last a while.

Blackened Redfish is definitely the all-purpose one. Seafood magic works well too. The pork/veal one doesnt go with as many things. Blackened steak is tasty when you BBQ with it. The vegetable magic is pretty tasty too.

All in all - great spice line, particularly if you're doing basic grilling/sauteeing in a pan of your meats (steak, ground turkey/chicken, fish, etc)

Thanks for the reminder...