The best chilli I've ever had

Cold

Awards
Ingredients:
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 pound of lean ground turkey
1 can of beans(black,kidney, or chilli)
1 container of salsa(I prefer mild or medium)
1 small can of organic tomato sauce
Tobasco sauce
Chilli powder
Garlic

Directions
1. Mix together Salsa, beans, tomato sauce, and a pinch of garlic into crock pot. Set crock pot on high.
2. Grill ground beef.
3.Cook turkery in sauce pan over oven until fully cooked.
4. When the ground beef and turkey are fully cooked, mix them into the crock pot.
5. Add chilli powder and tobasco sauce as much as desired.
6. Let chilli sit in crock pot until it's hot.

There you have it. A great tasting, high protien, meaty chilli. I've tried this recipe with hot salsa, it's great but I'm the only one in my family that can stand it.

Cold

Awards
Oh yeah.........it's great. I usually finish off a whole crock pot of it in 2 days or less.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Will definitely be trying this. I'm so f*ckin tired of chicken and rice I think I'm growing a f*ckin beak.....:jaw:

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
it's not quite the healthiest chili- but i had some awesome chili a few weeks ago. it was fresh bison and ostrich (sp?) chili with a spicy sauce of some sort. it was simply amazing.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I haven't killed any bisons lately.....but I do manage to get a couple of deer each year, and venison makes great chili, burgers, meatloaf, spaghetti........I just can't get my wife to eat it. Mumbles something about Bambi....hell, Bambi turned out to be a 10 point buck.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
2 thumbs up on the chili. I added some bambi sausage that I had in the freezer. Great stuff!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Dump a can of salsa in with your recipe. I'm sure it'd be if not better than the recipe we both posted awesome.
I'll have to confer with the Mrs. She loves the chili I make now. I'll see if she will go for it.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
This may seem weird but if any of you are adventurous then I suggest adding a little cinnamon and a few squares of dark chocolate to your chili they really bring a nice balance to the flavor and it enhances the flavor of the tomatoes