The best chilli I've ever had
- 01-17-2006, 09:11 AM
The best chilli I've ever had
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 pound of lean ground turkey
1 can of beans(black,kidney, or chilli)
1 container of salsa(I prefer mild or medium)
1 small can of organic tomato sauce
1. Mix together Salsa, beans, tomato sauce, and a pinch of garlic into crock pot. Set crock pot on high.
2. Grill ground beef.
3.Cook turkery in sauce pan over oven until fully cooked.
4. When the ground beef and turkey are fully cooked, mix them into the crock pot.
5. Add chilli powder and tobasco sauce as much as desired.
6. Let chilli sit in crock pot until it's hot.
There you have it. A great tasting, high protien, meaty chilli. I've tried this recipe with hot salsa, it's great but I'm the only one in my family that can stand it.
- 01-17-2006, 09:14 AM
- 01-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh yeah.........it's great. I usually finish off a whole crock pot of it in 2 days or less.
01-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Will definitely be trying this. I'm so f*ckin tired of chicken and rice I think I'm growing a f*ckin beak.....
01-17-2006, 10:21 AM
it's not quite the healthiest chili- but i had some awesome chili a few weeks ago. it was fresh bison and ostrich (sp?) chili with a spicy sauce of some sort. it was simply amazing.
"A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most." -George Bernard Shaw
01-17-2006, 10:47 AM
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I haven't killed any bisons lately.....but I do manage to get a couple of deer each year, and venison makes great chili, burgers, meatloaf, spaghetti........I just can't get my wife to eat it. Mumbles something about Bambi....hell, Bambi turned out to be a 10 point buck.
01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
2 thumbs up on the chili. I added some bambi sausage that I had in the freezer. Great stuff!
01-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Dump a can of salsa in with your recipe. I'm sure it'd be if not better than the recipe we both posted.Originally Posted by natedogg
01-20-2006, 01:29 PM
01-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I'll have to confer with the Mrs. She loves the chili I make now. I'll see if she will go for it.Originally Posted by Cold
01-21-2006, 10:10 AM
This may seem weird but if any of you are adventurous then I suggest adding a little cinnamon and a few squares of dark chocolate to your chili they really bring a nice balance to the flavor and it enhances the flavor of the tomatoes
Similar Forum Threads
- By VaughnTrue in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 28Last Post: 05-20-2013, 10:10 AM
- By TMF LOVE in forum BulkingReplies: 8Last Post: 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
- By hungryH in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
- By muscles4life in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 51Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:41 PM
- By windwords7 in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 03-31-2003, 12:46 PM