Oat Snack

VitaminT

Awards
Thought I'd share a simple recipe I came up with. I often eat it for breakfast or as a snack. Great if you are lazy too :blink:

Ingredients:

- Rolled oats
- Peanut butter
- Berry smoothy

I put about a handfull and a half of rolled oats into a short wide glass (think scotch glass). I guess you could use a bowl. To the oats I add as much peanut butter as I like, usually enough to make the oats into a mess, but you can add more or less depending on your taste. Stir the two up. Add berry smoothy and stir. Just keep adding more smoothy until you are happy with the consistancy (not too soupy). My reason for the berry smoothy is that the acid softens the oats nicely and adds a nice balance to the peanut butter. Obviously if you like the recipe you can keep a supply of berry smoothy in the fridge. Some people may prefer to skip the stirring and place the ingredients directly in the blender. Bulk aminos anyone?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Sounds YUMMY

What is berrry smoothy?

CROWLER

VitaminT

Awards
You can make a berry smoothy with any of a number of berries such as strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, etc. Usually it is made with at least two types of berries and fruit juice such as apple or white grape. Some people also add a banana, but I wouldn't add too much since you want the berry smoothy to be runny to thin out the peanut butter. If you make it yourself you'd just put these ingredients into a blender and mix.

Personally I cheat. The grocery stores around me sell pre-bottled smoothies in the produce area.