Sweet Potato Pie??

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Has anybody tried making a sweet potato pie with a whole wheat crust? Seems like it would be a pretty good carb source and taste awesome. Splenda and cinnamon could be used for sweetening. All of the recipes I have seen use butter so maybe some "I cant believe its not butter." Sound like a good idea?

Last edited:
Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
give it a whirl bro. and definately keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Will do. My sister makes some good sweet potato pies so Im gonna get her recipe and use the healthy ingredients.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Made the sweet potato pie with splenda instead of sugar... Was great. Just like sweat potato pie without the sugar.

-recipe
6 sweet potatoes (baked)
2.5 cups of splenda
1 can evap milk-Lg.
4 egg whites
1 Tbles. Cinn
1 Tbles. Van
1 Tbles. Nutmeg
1 stick of Marg(Could someone inform me of a better source of butter?)
-shave the potatoes and blend it all together real good.

Anyways i did this to make a good bit of sweet potatoe mix. It's great. Like eating desert but not really.

Last edited:

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think you may be able to sub no sugar added applesauce for some of the margerine.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
made this for the second time today, last time was on thanksgiving. mmmmmm

i dont use any evap. milk. but i do use 1/2 c sugar free applesauce and 1/2 cup Fat free i cant believe its not butter

tastes sooo good. great recipe

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
make the crust with food-processed almonds. add a cup of yogurt for the condensed milk. splenda for sugar. I have tons of good recipes and substitutes if folks are interested, make post a bunch of them

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I am very interested in the substitutes. I still havent tried making one of these. Will have to do it soon.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I make sweet potato pies quite regularly, the wife loves them! ;)

Hell, I eat 'em while dieting since I don't use much sweetening.. I'm abit old-school when baking anything: I never measure, I always substitute bad stuff for better stuff, I don't time it while it bakes.. Yet, my food comes out amazing.. :thumbsup:

I made a pie just yesterday, 6 sweet potatos can make 3 pies so you must be using a big-ass pie dish or very small potatos.. I use 2 per pie, boil them first to soften them for the blending.. While bulking I use sweet canned milk, cutting I use almond milk.. Add some nutmeg, cinnamon, blend till smooth, pour into crust.. I bake it between 30-45mins, testing by poking a fork into the center..

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
I made a pie just yesterday, 6 sweet potatos can make 3 pies so you must be using a big-ass pie dish or very small potatos..
Yea.. its just the recipe i had and didn't feel like dividing everything up. I just freeze whatever pie mix i don't use in ziplock bags and use later.