Pizza Recipes.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Who doesn't love pizza am I right. If you got em' go ahead and list them here.

Here's a pizza recipe I obtained while flippin' through a muscle rag at the grocery store.

1 whole wheat pizza crust (I use Boboli).
BBQ sauce (KC Masterpiece is pretty good stuff).
Skim mozzarella cheese (shredded).
Red onion (diced).
Pre cooked chicken (I use the Butterball brand).

I don't have approximate measurments, I pretty much eyeballed it. I spread as much BBQ sauce on the pizza crust as I felt like using. After that, I put about a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce. I diced up about a quarter of an onion and threw that on there. Finally, I tore up about half of the container full of chicken into smaller pieces and threw those over the sauce, cheese and onion. I placed the pizza in a pre-heated oven at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Viola, a good ass pizza that isn't entirely bad for you.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Here's one I found a while ago, but I haven't actually tried it yet, so beware.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light parm. cheese
1 egg
water(whatever feels right)

Mix together and press into a crust. Cook for 15min @ 350 degrees. Cook up some loose lean ground beef or ground turkey. Add whatever sauce you want to the crust, then the meat, then some onion, peppers, shrooms, etc. and some low fat mozz cheese. Cook again for 15min @ 350.

A

Armond

Awards

New guy here, wanted to contribute a pizza I homemake.

Just so you know, there are 3 layers of cheese. One right after the tomato sauce, then one after the tomatoes, then a light layer after everything else is added! So yes, there is enough cheese!!!

make sure you read the entire post before attempting...

If you are going to put meat on your pizza, make sure you cooked it before you spread it on as topping. Precut all veggies, so that you do not have your crust done and then have nothing to top it with! Then you will hate yourself! And no I did cut/cooked(the meat) everything before starting on the crust!

I suggest seasoning your chicken breast!

here is the recipe and required ingredients:

Group 1
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon quick rising yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water

Group 2
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour

1. In a bowl, stir together group 1 ingredients, adding the yeast after mixing the other 3 ingredients. After adding the yeast, allow it to stand for 5 minutes.

2. In a separate bowl (larger bowl, mixing bowl is best) mix together group 2 ingredients.

3. After allowing yeast to sit for 5 minutes, add the mixture into the larger bowl. Use your hands, make sure you washed them you dirty bodybuilders.
With soap, and not just running water over them!

*After I had mixed the two batches of ingredients, I then took out a piece of aluminum foil and laid it out, with a light layer of flour over it to keep the dough from sticking to it during the upcoming flattening process.

4. Make the dough into a ball, using the heel of your hand flatten it. After flattening the dough, fold it in half and turn it over. Repeat this process for 5 minutes.

5. Now let the dough rise for 5 more minutes.

6. Shape into an 11-12 inch circle* and add the toppings as desired.

*put the shaped crust on the pizza pan first, then add toppings!!! If you do not then imagine trying to move the topped uncooked pizza from the counter to the pan!

7. Bake at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for approx 12 minutes. 12-13 for crunchy crust, and 10-11 for softer.

Nutritional Info Per Serving*:

179 calories (12% from fat)
6 grams protein
34 grams of carbohydrates
2.3 grams of fat
4 grams of fiber

*1 serving is equal to only a 1/4 of the crust!

My Pizza:

My pizza had the above crust. it was topped with chicken, mozzarella cheese, red bell peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce with fresh crushed/diced garlic, and spinach. I should have seasoned the chicken, but I wanted to try it without any major additions so I knew what I wanted to add and how the base recipe would taste!
But it was still good!

*note, the more honey you add, the softer and sweeter the crust. But do not add too much, it will not allow the dough to stay consistent.

** Jalepenos are also great on this thing for added flavor!

***the picture above is what mine came out to look like!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Like a pro Armond. Why don't you drop on by and make me one of those bad boys.

A

Armond

Awards
Thanks! :thumbsup: I love this pizza, it is soooo good. Thinking aboutmaking pme today after looking at that pic from last night... :food:

I

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This would also make a DEISEL calzone. All you have to do is fold it in half and seal the edges before baking.

A

Armond

Awards
This would also make a DEISEL calzone. All you have to do is fold it in half and seal the edges before baking.
Oh yea! Quoted for truth! I am gonan start bulking on Monday, sounds like a good idea! :head:

A

Armond

Awards
No problemo!

Also, note that the nutritional info provided is only for the CRUST, not the toppings or sauce!

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Just found another one.

Rice Crust Pizza

1 cup Long Grain Brown Rice
2 egg whites, beaten
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
cooking spray
2/3 cup pizza sauce
2 tsps Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
Parsley
Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, any veggies you like
Ground Turkey or Beef or other meats

Preheat oven to 400º F. Prepare rice according to package directions. Combine rice, egg whites, and 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese in a large bowl. Press into 12-inch greased pizza pan. Bake at 400° F for 5 minutes. Steam ground beef in skillet. Combine pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl; spread over rice crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Layer 1/3-cup Mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, meat, and other vegetables of choice. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.

B

brettly

Awards
I like to just get a pre made crust, use fat-free cottage cheese as the "sauce", put some garlic salt on that and top it with spinach, asparagus a little bit of chicken and lowfat mozzarella. salt and pepper are key on this. pretty high in sodium, but not too bad on the fat if you watch the mozzarella

nicholas

nicholas

Awards
Re: Pizza Recipes. Brown Rice Crusted Pizza

Heres a little something i found and that i made. Tastes great, worth a try thats for sure. Talk about a great cheat meal too!

Rice Crust Pizza

Ingredients
3 cups of cooked brown rice(15p 134c 5f)
1 tablespoon of olive oil(14f)
2 egg whites, lightly beaten(7p)
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese, divided(20p 2c 16f)
1 can crushed tomatoes, un-drained(small can, adjust your own macros here)
1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried whole basil
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
¼ pound of shredded cooked chicken(35p 4f)
¾ cup shredded Mozzarella(20p 2c 13f) you could use fat free here I just couldn’t find it at my grocery store

Directions:
1. Combine cooked rice, oil, egg and ¼ cup of parmesan cheese into a bowl and stir.
2. Spread into a 12” pan coated with no calorie cooking spray
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

1. Combine crushed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of dried whole oregano, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of dried basil, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a bowl and mix.
2. Spread evenly over crust, top with mushrooms.
3. Add your chicken
4. Mix the remaining parmesan cheese and the mozzarella cheese and top off the pizza with them.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the crust is browned to your liking.
6. Eat!

Macronutrients of the whole pizza
97 grams of protein
138 grams of carbohydrate
52 grams of fat
Total calories: 1408
Serving size ¼ of the pizza
24.25 grams of protein
34.5 grams of carbohydrate
13 grams of fat
To bring down the fat, kraft fat free mozzarella could be used as a substitute. The above picture was what it looked like before i ate the whole thing...man was it good

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
OK here is the best healthy pie you can eat, and it freaken tastes great to.

1 boboli wheat crust
layer with healthy choice sauce
and use fat free mozzorella cheese.

use a pizza stone to cook

damn it tastes good

A

adpanther

Awards
Modified breakfast pizza recipe (from tv show ham on the street)
ingredients
1 Whole wheat pizza crust (about 10 ounces), such as Boboli
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 Whole large eggs plus 8 whites
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry, reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid
1 cup chopped onion, about 1 medium onion
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or lite swiss

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Brush the pizza crust on both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place crust directly onto the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
While the crust is cooking, break the eggs into a bowl and add the reserved spinach liquid. Whisk them well and season them with salt and pepper. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a 10-inch skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the dry spinach, breaking up the pieces, and heat through, about 2 minutes. Scrape the vegetable mixture into the eggs and beat it well to distribute the spinach evenly. Turn the heat
down to low and pour the egg mixture back into the pan. Gently stir the eggs until they are just set and still moist, about 3 to 4 minutes.

Spread the egg mixture evenly onto the baked pizza crust and top with the cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Serve hot.

C

Captain Canuck

Awards

New guy here, wanted to contribute a pizza I homemake.

Just so you know, there are 3 layers of cheese. One right after the tomato sauce, then one after the tomatoes, then a light layer after everything else is added! So yes, there is enough cheese!!!

make sure you read the entire post before attempting...

If you are going to put meat on your pizza, make sure you cooked it before you spread it on as topping. Precut all veggies, so that you do not have your crust done and then have nothing to top it with! Then you will hate yourself! And no I did cut/cooked(the meat) everything before starting on the crust!

I suggest seasoning your chicken breast!

here is the recipe and required ingredients:

Group 1
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon quick rising yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water

Group 2
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour

1. In a bowl, stir together group 1 ingredients, adding the yeast after mixing the other 3 ingredients. After adding the yeast, allow it to stand for 5 minutes.

2. In a separate bowl (larger bowl, mixing bowl is best) mix together group 2 ingredients.

3. After allowing yeast to sit for 5 minutes, add the mixture into the larger bowl. Use your hands, make sure you washed them you dirty bodybuilders.
With soap, and not just running water over them!

*After I had mixed the two batches of ingredients, I then took out a piece of aluminum foil and laid it out, with a light layer of flour over it to keep the dough from sticking to it during the upcoming flattening process.

4. Make the dough into a ball, using the heel of your hand flatten it. After flattening the dough, fold it in half and turn it over. Repeat this process for 5 minutes.

5. Now let the dough rise for 5 more minutes.

6. Shape into an 11-12 inch circle* and add the toppings as desired.

*put the shaped crust on the pizza pan first, then add toppings!!! If you do not then imagine trying to move the topped uncooked pizza from the counter to the pan!

7. Bake at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for approx 12 minutes. 12-13 for crunchy crust, and 10-11 for softer.

Nutritional Info Per Serving*:

179 calories (12% from fat)
6 grams protein
34 grams of carbohydrates
2.3 grams of fat
4 grams of fiber

*1 serving is equal to only a 1/4 of the crust!

My Pizza:

My pizza had the above crust. it was topped with chicken, mozzarella cheese, red bell peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce with fresh crushed/diced garlic, and spinach. I should have seasoned the chicken, but I wanted to try it without any major additions so I knew what I wanted to add and how the base recipe would taste!
But it was still good!

*note, the more honey you add, the softer and sweeter the crust. But do not add too much, it will not allow the dough to stay consistent.

** Jalepenos are also great on this thing for added flavor!

***the picture above is what mine came out to look like!
That looks really good but is it very fating?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I hate all the people who posted pics. I am dieting and all I have is store bought sinful pizzas in the freezer. :)

CROWLER

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn Armond, that looks good as hell.

To the person asking if its fattening....LOLLLOOLOLOL, It is friggin pizza!

Fortunately, they have phenomenal pizzas at Trader Joes that have a decent profile (great for bulking IMO) and they only cost 4 BUCKS! I have 2 in the freezer right now. I'm cutting right now so I'll only eat half.

P

PuckHead27

Awards
Armond, thanks for the recipe I will try that this weekend. Looks great!