SonnyTheBull

Awards
1.5 lb Ground Beef (90% Lean)
1 pack "Boil In A Bag" Brown Rice
1 Onion
1 Cup Peas
1 Egg, 3 Whites
1 Can Chicken Broth

Cook beef. While beef is cooking throw the rice in the microwave. When the beef is done put in a strainer and wash off with water. Put beef to the side. Put rice to the side. Pour a little Olive Oil or Enova Oil in a pan (I use a wok). Cook onions for a few minutes, keep stiring so they wont burn. Then throw in the beef, rice, and peas and mix around. Pour beaten eggs over the top and mix around. When the eggs are scrambled pour can of chicken broth in the pan. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, stir a few times. Enjoy!

I cook this meal for work and microwave it. The chicken broth keeps the beef moist. I eat this twice a day and love it. Only another 45mins till I eat this again. Can't wait!:food:

R

Rock

Awards
:thumbsup: I tried this today. Made some up and brought it to work. Pretty yummy.

I

iwinulose2981

Awards
im gonna try this tonight only im thinking about subbing ground turkey instead of beef. have you tried it yet with turkey?

R

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Try a little reduced sodium soy sauce,

some fresh ground ginger and a little five spice with the chicken broth to really turn that **** out!!

J

Jblake

Awards
Garlic, soy sauce and ginger would make that taste more like something you'd get from a restaurant. You can saute the garlic in the enova before you brown the ground beef or just add garlic powder.

R

ryano

Awards
  • Established
If you wanted a dirty rice Cajun thing
You could get the salt free Tony Cacheres Cajun seasoning. With some onions and garlic.

93cobra

Board Supporter
Awards
If you are not watching your sodium you can do a recipe kind of like this that uses Ramen Noodle, green onion, stir fry veggies, and ground beef. If anyone is interested I could post the actual receipe on a new thread so I don't hijack this one.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mix in some shredded fried salted cod.

G

GCD1

Awards
What could I substitute instead of the chicken broth that would keep the beef moist? I'm allergic to chicken so I can't use that.

93cobra

Board Supporter
Awards
You could try pork broth or you could get a packet from a Ramen Noodle and use it is broth. It comes in all kinds of flavors..beef..oriental...etc.

W

whoze2blame

Banned
Awards
hey yo 93cobra can you pm that noodle recipe of yours. Thanks brotha. Peace