High Protein Yogurt

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Ok this isnt really a Recipe as it is an idea - I usually put a scoop of whey protein into my lowfat yogurts that I eat as a snack. Vanilla whey seems to go with any fruit based yogurt, while Chocolate seems only good in mixing with coffee yogurt.

Make sure to stir well or it can get clumpy!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I do this as well. I mix several scoops of ON 100% chocolate into Mountain High vanilla yoghurt. Hypothetically, the casein in the yoghurt should slow down absorption.

Has a bit of sugar in it but at least it adds to protein options.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do something similar, but not quite the same. I mix plain yogurt with a pudding concoction I make with skim milk, whey, and fat-free/sugar-free pudding mix. I use one box pudding mix, two cups milk, and two scoops whey. Then I add the pudding to yogurt or to cottage cheese for a snack.

Last night I made some pudding with one box chocolate ff/sf mix, three cups skim milk, and two scoops of casein powder. I wanted a nice tasting/high protein snack before bed without alot of carbs. It made five servings at about 150 cal a shot. The pudding tastes great, and if I want more calories I will just add cottage cheese.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I do this as well. I mix several scoops of ON 100% chocolate into Mountain High vanilla yoghurt. Hypothetically, the casein in the yoghurt should slow down absorption.

Has a bit of sugar in it but at least it adds to protein options.
I do the same thing except with plain FF (see fit day :cheers: ). Wonder if the casein does slow down digestion.