High Protein Cheesecake

  1. Board Supporter
    XxBiG_EDxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    69.92%

    Thumbs up High Protein Cheesecake


    Made this last night, and it tastes great!

    - 4 pkgs (8 oz.) of Philidelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
    - 1 1/2 Cups Splenda
    - 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    - 5 egg whites
    - 2 sccops ON 100% Whey, Vanilla
    - 1 Pie Crust (I used a premade graham cracker crust)
    *OPTIONAL*
    - Strawberries
    - Sugar Free Syrup
    - Fat Free Cool Whip

    Blend the cream cheese, splenda, vanilla, and whey in a big bowl. Add the egg whites one at a time, and continue mixing until you have used all the whites. Pour your mix into the pie crust (i had extra, just store any left over mix into a container and stick it in fridge), and bake at 325 for 55min. Place cake into the fridge to cool for 4 hours. For some extra flavor, take a handful of strawberries, quarter them, and place them in a bowl. Spread sugar free syrup (or just sprinkle some splenda) over the berries. Add the strawberries with a scoop of cool whip as a topping for one tasty piece of pie !

    Of course, like any recipe, these ingredients are by no means set in stone. Play around with the amount of whey for a desired protein/carb ratio. You can also remove the crust all together if you have the appropriate non-stick pan (i made this as a semi-cheat meal, hence the graham cracker crust).

  2. Senior Member
    MaynardMeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    677
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    you can actually do a good crust with baked oats.. mash them down and prebake them like you would any other crust... splenda and cinnnninumimnn to taste...
  3. Board Supporter
    XxBiG_EDxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    69.92%

    You know, I never even thought about doing that. Will have to give it a try some time, I'm sure it tastes great
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    CarryOnTheChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    321
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    21.05%

    this sounds delicious...but unfortunately the only protein powder I have around right now is 25lbs of strawberry whey and a bunch of chocolate casein :-/

    Will give it a try sometime when I pick up some vanilla whey or something...wonder how it would taste using some cheap whey like the 2lb tubs from CVS for 11.99??? lol

    regards,
    COTC
  5. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    How do you make the oat crust? Just mashing the oats doesn't make much sense; what do you use to glue them together? Most recipes call for butter and sometimes eggs. Most recipes also use flour and other products that glue together easily. I don't see oats doing that.
  6. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Whey will denature when cooked.

    used an egg protein instead.
  7. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    52.84%

    did someone say cheesecake? dude, you're a genius...i think i would sub stevia for splenda. worried about the chlorinated sugar thang.
  8. Board Sponsor
    velikimajmun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    190
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    61.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    did someone say cheesecake? dude, you're a genius...i think i would sub stevia for splenda. worried about the chlorinated sugar thang.

    Stevia isn't without its own problems.
  9. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    52.84%

    huh, maybe there is no safe substitute...
  10. New Member
    McBurly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    124546
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    38.31%

    i might have to give this a try over christmas
  11. Registered User
    delta314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    366
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    87.56%

    I'm gonna make the damn cheesecake with unprocessed sugar and eat it and suffer the consequences........
  12. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So any answer on how to make an oat crust?
  13. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    52.84%

    that may be the worst part. crusts are made of some kind of room temperature solid fat. maybe good coconut fat or something?
  14. Registered User
    wojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1098
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    26.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    who needs a crust? i'll eat mine by the spoonfull
  15. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    that may be the worst part. crusts are made of some kind of room temperature solid fat. maybe good coconut fat or something?
    Umm, so how do you make an OAT crust?
  16. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Umm, so how do you make an OAT crust?
    easiest would be to make a crumb-like pie. Similar to a graham wafer pie. If you used quick oats (therefore finer ground),... say 2 cups of quick oats, and maybe 1/4 cup Splenda for baking - preferably the brown sugar splenda they have in the U.S.... you'd need maybe 1/4 cup of some sort of fat... maybe less. Just enought o make it somewhat stick.

    put in apple sauce for a bit of sweetness, cut back on the splenda... and that would also let you cut back on the fat

    add in an egg, that'll let you cut the fat back further
  17. Board Sponsor
    velikimajmun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    190
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    61.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Umm, so how do you make an OAT crust?

    here's recipe that's fairly decent both crust and no bake cheese cake
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. New Member
    irvintat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    115
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    So any answer on how to make an oat crust?
    I made a pretty simple one... ground some rolled oats in a coffee grinder (could use oat flour), add 1 egg, cinnamnn & splenda to taste & a little water. Just mix it up (thick) and spread it in your pan.
    Great cheese cake recipe by the way!
  19. Registered User
    wojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1098
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    26.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by velikimajmun
    here's recipe that's fairly decent both crust and no bake cheese cake

    is this from a ebook? book? just curious because this is something i would def buy
  20. Board Sponsor
    velikimajmun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    190
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    61.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by wojo
    is this from a ebook? book? just curious because this is something i would def buy

    yeah its called gourmet nutrition its by john berardi and some other dude. Its not bad.
  21. New Member
    Coulaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    78.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by XxBiG_EDxX
    Made this last night, and it tastes great!

    - 4 pkgs (8 oz.) of Philidelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
    - 1 1/2 Cups Splenda
    - 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    - 5 egg whites
    - 2 sccops ON 100% Whey, Vanilla
    - 1 Pie Crust (I used a premade graham cracker crust)
    *OPTIONAL*
    - Strawberries
    - Sugar Free Syrup
    - Fat Free Cool Whip

    Blend the cream cheese, splenda, vanilla, and whey in a big bowl. Add the egg whites one at a time, and continue mixing until you have used all the whites. Pour your mix into the pie crust (i had extra, just store any left over mix into a container and stick it in fridge), and bake at 325 for 55min. Place cake into the fridge to cool for 4 hours. For some extra flavor, take a handful of strawberries, quarter them, and place them in a bowl. Spread sugar free syrup (or just sprinkle some splenda) over the berries. Add the strawberries with a scoop of cool whip as a topping for one tasty piece of pie !

    Of course, like any recipe, these ingredients are by no means set in stone. Play around with the amount of whey for a desired protein/carb ratio. You can also remove the crust all together if you have the appropriate non-stick pan (i made this as a semi-cheat meal, hence the graham cracker crust).
    Thanks it was de-lish!
  22. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2151
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    63.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I bought all the ingredients. Now I just need to find the time to whip it up.
  23. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2151
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    63.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It is in the oven right now

    I broke down the macros, based on how I made it. This is actually an ideal meal, whether cutting or bulking.

    The total batch contains:
    1934 Calories
    238.5g Protein
    148 g Carbohydrate (26g Fiber; 10.5g Sugar)
    34.5g Fat

    If divided into 6 portions, each portion would contain:
    332 Calories
    39.8g Protein
    30.6g Carbs
    5.75g Fat

    I made the crust with 6.5 servings (3.5 cups)) of oatmeal, 3 eggs, and 1/2cup of Splenda.

    For next time, I think I'll add a few servings of almonds to the oats when I'm grinding them up. That should taste great and add some healthy fats and additional fiber.
  24. Banned
    YonkersCBR954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    47.56%

    you could use chocolate whey protein is you wanted to make a chocolate cheesecake ...just a thought ...im going to make it this weekend ...
  25. New Member
    MasterMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    127
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    31.31%

  26. New Member
    TaeKwonDoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    78.5%

    Will try! Thx
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low carb, High Protein Cheesecake
    By Pressure in forum Recipes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
  2. High Protein Italian Cheesecake
    By Nullifidian in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
  3. high protein, low carb snacks
    By psywzrd in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
  4. High Protein Diets Need Calcium
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:37 PM
  5. High Protein Bars for Kids...
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in