High Protein Cheesecake

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
Made this last night, and it tastes great!

- 4 pkgs (8 oz.) of Philidelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Splenda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 5 egg whites
- 2 sccops ON 100% Whey, Vanilla
- 1 Pie Crust (I used a premade graham cracker crust)
*OPTIONAL*
- Strawberries
- Sugar Free Syrup
- Fat Free Cool Whip

Blend the cream cheese, splenda, vanilla, and whey in a big bowl. Add the egg whites one at a time, and continue mixing until you have used all the whites. Pour your mix into the pie crust (i had extra, just store any left over mix into a container and stick it in fridge), and bake at 325 for 55min. Place cake into the fridge to cool for 4 hours. For some extra flavor, take a handful of strawberries, quarter them, and place them in a bowl. Spread sugar free syrup (or just sprinkle some splenda) over the berries. Add the strawberries with a scoop of cool whip as a topping for one tasty piece of pie :D !

Of course, like any recipe, these ingredients are by no means set in stone. Play around with the amount of whey for a desired protein/carb ratio. You can also remove the crust all together if you have the appropriate non-stick pan (i made this as a semi-cheat meal, hence the graham cracker crust).

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
you can actually do a good crust with baked oats.. mash them down and prebake them like you would any other crust... splenda and cinnnninumimnn to taste...

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
You know, I never even thought about doing that. Will have to give it a try some time, I'm sure it tastes great :thumbsup:

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
this sounds delicious...but unfortunately the only protein powder I have around right now is 25lbs of strawberry whey and a bunch of chocolate casein :-/

Will give it a try sometime when I pick up some vanilla whey or something...wonder how it would taste using some cheap whey like the 2lb tubs from CVS for 11.99??? lol

regards,
COTC

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How do you make the oat crust? Just mashing the oats doesn't make much sense; what do you use to glue them together? Most recipes call for butter and sometimes eggs. Most recipes also use flour and other products that glue together easily. I don't see oats doing that.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whey will denature when cooked.

used an egg protein instead.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
did someone say cheesecake? dude, you're a genius...i think i would sub stevia for splenda. worried about the chlorinated sugar thang.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
huh, maybe there is no safe substitute...

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna make the damn cheesecake with unprocessed sugar and eat it and suffer the consequences........

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
that may be the worst part. crusts are made of some kind of room temperature solid fat. maybe good coconut fat or something?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
who needs a crust? i'll eat mine by the spoonfull:twisted:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Umm, so how do you make an OAT crust?
easiest would be to make a crumb-like pie. Similar to a graham wafer pie. If you used quick oats (therefore finer ground),... say 2 cups of quick oats, and maybe 1/4 cup Splenda for baking - preferably the brown sugar splenda they have in the U.S.... you'd need maybe 1/4 cup of some sort of fat... maybe less. Just enought o make it somewhat stick.

put in apple sauce for a bit of sweetness, cut back on the splenda... and that would also let you cut back on the fat

add in an egg, that'll let you cut the fat back further

irvintat

Awards
So any answer on how to make an oat crust?
I made a pretty simple one... ground some rolled oats in a coffee grinder (could use oat flour), add 1 egg, cinnamnn & splenda to taste & a little water. Just mix it up (thick) and spread it in your pan.
Great cheese cake recipe by the way!

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
is this from a ebook? book? just curious because this is something i would def buy

yeah its called gourmet nutrition its by john berardi and some other dude. Its not bad.

Coulaid

Awards
Made this last night, and it tastes great!

- 4 pkgs (8 oz.) of Philidelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Splenda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 5 egg whites
- 2 sccops ON 100% Whey, Vanilla
- 1 Pie Crust (I used a premade graham cracker crust)
*OPTIONAL*
- Strawberries
- Sugar Free Syrup
- Fat Free Cool Whip

Blend the cream cheese, splenda, vanilla, and whey in a big bowl. Add the egg whites one at a time, and continue mixing until you have used all the whites. Pour your mix into the pie crust (i had extra, just store any left over mix into a container and stick it in fridge), and bake at 325 for 55min. Place cake into the fridge to cool for 4 hours. For some extra flavor, take a handful of strawberries, quarter them, and place them in a bowl. Spread sugar free syrup (or just sprinkle some splenda) over the berries. Add the strawberries with a scoop of cool whip as a topping for one tasty piece of pie :D !

Of course, like any recipe, these ingredients are by no means set in stone. Play around with the amount of whey for a desired protein/carb ratio. You can also remove the crust all together if you have the appropriate non-stick pan (i made this as a semi-cheat meal, hence the graham cracker crust).
Thanks it was de-lish!:dance:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I bought all the ingredients. Now I just need to find the time to whip it up.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It is in the oven right now :food:

I broke down the macros, based on how I made it. This is actually an ideal meal, whether cutting or bulking.

The total batch contains:
1934 Calories
238.5g Protein
148 g Carbohydrate (26g Fiber; 10.5g Sugar)
34.5g Fat

If divided into 6 portions, each portion would contain:
332 Calories
39.8g Protein
30.6g Carbs
5.75g Fat

I made the crust with 6.5 servings (3.5 cups)) of oatmeal, 3 eggs, and 1/2cup of Splenda.

For next time, I think I'll add a few servings of almonds to the oats when I'm grinding them up. That should taste great and add some healthy fats and additional fiber.

YonkersCBR954

Banned
Awards
you could use chocolate whey protein is you wanted to make a chocolate cheesecake ...just a thought ...im going to make it this weekend ...