Cinnimon and Splenda Bagel

  1. Board Supporter
    IRserge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    244
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%

    Cinnimon and Splenda Bagel


    This is a extremely easy recipe. Since I have been cutting for the last 20.5 weeks I decided to try something different with my whole wheat bagels this morning with breakfast. It goes like this:

    -Separate bagel halves and spray each half lightly with zero calorie butter flavor cooking spray.
    -Lightly sprinkle each half with desired amount of cinnimon.
    -Use as much splenda as you like, just make sure it doesn't overpower the cinnimon
    -Pop the halves in the toaster on 350* for about 5 minutes

    And thats it. I tastes exactly like one of those soft pretzels covered in cinnimon sugar you get from Auntie Annie's or Mrs. Field's. Or maybe it's just me since I haven't tasted anything remotely like that in 20+ weeks. Try it anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

  2. Board Supporter
    GTOman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    92.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by IRserge
    This is a extremely easy recipe. Since I have been cutting for the last 20.5 weeks I decided to try something different with my whole wheat bagels this morning with breakfast. It goes like this:

    -Separate bagel halves and spray each half lightly with zero calorie butter flavor cooking spray.
    -Lightly sprinkle each half with desired amount of cinnimon.
    -Use as much splenda as you like, just make sure it doesn't overpower the cinnimon
    -Pop the halves in the toaster on 350* for about 5 minutes

    And thats it. I tastes exactly like one of those soft pretzels covered in cinnimon sugar you get from Auntie Annie's or Mrs. Field's. Or maybe it's just me since I haven't tasted anything remotely like that in 20+ weeks. Try it anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Great recipe! With food that tastes like this, there is no need to cheat on your diet.
  3. Board Supporter
    Sgt. Ownage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    193
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.27%

    cinnamon/splenda/i cant believe its not butter spray are the staples of my dieting....for everything im not putting cinnamon/splenda on im putting butter spray on..haha
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    BigP0ppa3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    253
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    53.21%

    Serge,

    There was a recipe like this posted elsewhere, slightly different though...

    You can leave the splenda off (or leave it on if you like super sweet) and use a little sugar free/ fat free maple syrup and it tastes just like french toast!

    BP
  5. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Ownage
    cinnamon/splenda/i cant believe its not butter spray are the staples of my dieting....for everything im not putting cinnamon/splenda on im putting butter spray on..haha
    Hey SGT clean your kitchen:}
  6. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yea i did this recipe like 6 months ago and posted it in the private bobo forum.. Us bobo'ers love our french toast bagels.. They gotta have sugar free log cabin syrup..YUMM

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOman
    Great recipe! With food that tastes like this, there is no need to cheat on your diet.
    For real man. I had made a recipe or two for every meal on bobo's plan. I could eat like that forever and not mind.. I got a great one for whole wheat pasta, chicken, brocolli, with or without flax oil depending if it is needed in the meal or not.
  7. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2151
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    63.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6
    Yea i did this recipe like 6 months ago and posted it in the private bobo forum.. Us bobo'ers love our french toast bagels.. They gotta have sugar free log cabin syrup..YUMM


    For real man. I had made a recipe or two for every meal on bobo's plan. I could eat like that forever and not mind.. I got a great one for whole wheat pasta, chicken, brocolli, with or without flax oil depending if it is needed in the meal or not.
    I call it bodybuilder's Fried Dough instead of french toast b/c I don't use the syrup. Imprez is the man when it comes to recipes. I haven't found the chocolate Torani syrup, but I got hazelnut and vanilla. Both are good. You should come out with a cook book! I definitely need some help in the recipe dept., and Bobo doesn't let me eat whole wheat pasta
  8. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I call it bodybuilder's Fried Dough instead of french toast b/c I don't use the syrup. Imprez is the man when it comes to recipes. I haven't found the chocolate Torani syrup, but I got hazelnut and vanilla. Both are good. You should come out with a cook book! I definitely need some help in the recipe dept., and Bobo doesn't let me eat whole wheat pasta
    Damn, cant believe you cant find chocolate!

    the whole wheat pasta i got was 1.5 servings was EXACTLY 1 bagel.. He approved for me, so mabey you should ask..
  9. New Member
    Malek256's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    71.59%

    What a cool idea, hope you don't mind I posted this on bodysculpters and gaining-mass with credit to you and a link to this post/site.
  10. Board Supporter
    IRserge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    244
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%

    dont mind at all, share the wealth.
  11. Board Supporter
    XxBiG_EDxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    70.16%

    First off, I have to say that this recipe is simply amazing! Bulking or Cutting it fits in my diet plan . I went one step further with it and soaked the bagels in some egg whites before placing them on the skillet, this TOTALLY makes them taste like french toast
  12. Board Supporter
    HobbesAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%

    I've been eating bagles like crazy. Thanks again for the great recipe.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low Carb Bread and Bagel and other LC Scams
    By Whacked in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM
  3. Sucralose (Splenda) and ketosis
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 07:09 PM
  5. Splenda and Size on
    By smblkolds in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in