Cinnimon and Splenda Bagel

1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Cinnimon and Splenda Bagel

This is a extremely easy recipe. Since I have been cutting for the last 20.5 weeks I decided to try something different with my whole wheat bagels this morning with breakfast. It goes like this:

-Separate bagel halves and spray each half lightly with zero calorie butter flavor cooking spray.
    -Lightly sprinkle each half with desired amount of cinnimon.
    -Use as much splenda as you like, just make sure it doesn't overpower the cinnimon
    -Pop the halves in the toaster on 350* for about 5 minutes

And thats it. I tastes exactly like one of those soft pretzels covered in cinnimon sugar you get from Auntie Annie's or Mrs. Field's. Or maybe it's just me since I haven't tasted anything remotely like that in 20+ weeks. Try it anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IRserge
    This is a extremely easy recipe. Since I have been cutting for the last 20.5 weeks I decided to try something different with my whole wheat bagels this morning with breakfast. It goes like this:

-Separate bagel halves and spray each half lightly with zero calorie butter flavor cooking spray.
    -Lightly sprinkle each half with desired amount of cinnimon.
    -Use as much splenda as you like, just make sure it doesn't overpower the cinnimon
    -Pop the halves in the toaster on 350* for about 5 minutes

And thats it. I tastes exactly like one of those soft pretzels covered in cinnimon sugar you get from Auntie Annie's or Mrs. Field's. Or maybe it's just me since I haven't tasted anything remotely like that in 20+ weeks. Try it anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Great recipe! With food that tastes like this, there is no need to cheat on your diet.
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

cinnamon/splenda/i cant believe its not butter spray are the staples of my dieting....for everything im not putting cinnamon/splenda on im putting butter spray on..haha
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Serge,

There was a recipe like this posted elsewhere, slightly different though...

You can leave the splenda off (or leave it on if you like super sweet) and use a little sugar free/ fat free maple syrup and it tastes just like french toast!

BP
  5. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Ownage
    cinnamon/splenda/i cant believe its not butter spray are the staples of my dieting....for everything im not putting cinnamon/splenda on im putting butter spray on..haha
    Hey SGT clean your kitchen:}
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Yea i did this recipe like 6 months ago and posted it in the private bobo forum.. Us bobo'ers love our french toast bagels.. They gotta have sugar free log cabin syrup..YUMM

Quote Originally Posted by GTOman
    Great recipe! With food that tastes like this, there is no need to cheat on your diet.
    For real man. I had made a recipe or two for every meal on bobo's plan. I could eat like that forever and not mind.. I got a great one for whole wheat pasta, chicken, brocolli, with or without flax oil depending if it is needed in the meal or not.
  7. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6
    Yea i did this recipe like 6 months ago and posted it in the private bobo forum.. Us bobo'ers love our french toast bagels.. They gotta have sugar free log cabin syrup..YUMM

For real man. I had made a recipe or two for every meal on bobo's plan. I could eat like that forever and not mind.. I got a great one for whole wheat pasta, chicken, brocolli, with or without flax oil depending if it is needed in the meal or not.
    I call it bodybuilder's Fried Dough instead of french toast b/c I don't use the syrup. Imprez is the man when it comes to recipes. I haven't found the chocolate Torani syrup, but I got hazelnut and vanilla. Both are good. You should come out with a cook book! I definitely need some help in the recipe dept., and Bobo doesn't let me eat whole wheat pasta
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I call it bodybuilder's Fried Dough instead of french toast b/c I don't use the syrup. Imprez is the man when it comes to recipes. I haven't found the chocolate Torani syrup, but I got hazelnut and vanilla. Both are good. You should come out with a cook book! I definitely need some help in the recipe dept., and Bobo doesn't let me eat whole wheat pasta
    Damn, cant believe you cant find chocolate!

the whole wheat pasta i got was 1.5 servings was EXACTLY 1 bagel.. He approved for me, so mabey you should ask..
  9. Registered User
    Answers

What a cool idea, hope you don't mind I posted this on bodysculpters and gaining-mass with credit to you and a link to this post/site.
  10. Board Supporter
    Answers

dont mind at all, share the wealth.
  11. Board Supporter
    Answers

First off, I have to say that this recipe is simply amazing! Bulking or Cutting it fits in my diet plan . I went one step further with it and soaked the bagels in some egg whites before placing them on the skillet, this TOTALLY makes them taste like french toast
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

I've been eating bagles like crazy. Thanks again for the great recipe.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Carb Bread and Bagel and other LC Scams
    By Whacked in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 11:12 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 07:16 AM
  3. Sucralose (Splenda) and ketosis
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 10:43 PM