Cinnimon and Splenda Bagel

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is a extremely easy recipe. Since I have been cutting for the last 20.5 weeks I decided to try something different with my whole wheat bagels this morning with breakfast. It goes like this:

-Separate bagel halves and spray each half lightly with zero calorie butter flavor cooking spray.
-Lightly sprinkle each half with desired amount of cinnimon.
-Use as much splenda as you like, just make sure it doesn't overpower the cinnimon
-Pop the halves in the toaster on 350* for about 5 minutes

And thats it. I tastes exactly like one of those soft pretzels covered in cinnimon sugar you get from Auntie Annie's or Mrs. Field's. Or maybe it's just me since I haven't tasted anything remotely like that in 20+ weeks. Try it anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
This is a extremely easy recipe. Since I have been cutting for the last 20.5 weeks I decided to try something different with my whole wheat bagels this morning with breakfast. It goes like this:

-Separate bagel halves and spray each half lightly with zero calorie butter flavor cooking spray.
-Lightly sprinkle each half with desired amount of cinnimon.
-Use as much splenda as you like, just make sure it doesn't overpower the cinnimon
-Pop the halves in the toaster on 350* for about 5 minutes

And thats it. I tastes exactly like one of those soft pretzels covered in cinnimon sugar you get from Auntie Annie's or Mrs. Field's. Or maybe it's just me since I haven't tasted anything remotely like that in 20+ weeks. Try it anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Great recipe! With food that tastes like this, there is no need to cheat on your diet.

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
cinnamon/splenda/i cant believe its not butter spray are the staples of my dieting....for everything im not putting cinnamon/splenda on im putting butter spray on..haha

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Serge,

There was a recipe like this posted elsewhere, slightly different though...

You can leave the splenda off (or leave it on if you like super sweet) and use a little sugar free/ fat free maple syrup and it tastes just like french toast!

BP

cinnamon/splenda/i cant believe its not butter spray are the staples of my dieting....for everything im not putting cinnamon/splenda on im putting butter spray on..haha
Hey SGT clean your kitchen:}

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea i did this recipe like 6 months ago and posted it in the private bobo forum.. Us bobo'ers love our french toast bagels.. They gotta have sugar free log cabin syrup..YUMM

Great recipe! With food that tastes like this, there is no need to cheat on your diet.
For real man. I had made a recipe or two for every meal on bobo's plan. I could eat like that forever and not mind.. I got a great one for whole wheat pasta, chicken, brocolli, with or without flax oil depending if it is needed in the meal or not.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yea i did this recipe like 6 months ago and posted it in the private bobo forum.. Us bobo'ers love our french toast bagels.. They gotta have sugar free log cabin syrup..YUMM

For real man. I had made a recipe or two for every meal on bobo's plan. I could eat like that forever and not mind.. I got a great one for whole wheat pasta, chicken, brocolli, with or without flax oil depending if it is needed in the meal or not.
I call it bodybuilder's Fried Dough instead of french toast b/c I don't use the syrup. Imprez is the man when it comes to recipes. I haven't found the chocolate Torani syrup, but I got hazelnut and vanilla. Both are good. You should come out with a cook book! I definitely need some help in the recipe dept., and Bobo doesn't let me eat whole wheat pasta :(

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I call it bodybuilder's Fried Dough instead of french toast b/c I don't use the syrup. Imprez is the man when it comes to recipes. I haven't found the chocolate Torani syrup, but I got hazelnut and vanilla. Both are good. You should come out with a cook book! I definitely need some help in the recipe dept., and Bobo doesn't let me eat whole wheat pasta :(
Damn, cant believe you cant find chocolate!

the whole wheat pasta i got was 1.5 servings was EXACTLY 1 bagel.. He approved for me, so mabey you should ask..

Malek256

Awards
What a cool idea, hope you don't mind I posted this on bodysculpters and gaining-mass with credit to you and a link to this post/site.

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
First off, I have to say that this recipe is simply amazing! Bulking or Cutting it fits in my diet plan :). I went one step further with it and soaked the bagels in some egg whites before placing them on the skillet, this TOTALLY makes them taste like french toast :D

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
I've been eating bagles like crazy. Thanks again for the great recipe.