Protein Pudding

tattoopierced1

I think I got this off of this site somewhere, but decided to repost in the Reciepe section.

1 box of pudding mix (I use the cheap walmart $.50 box)
3 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp. peanut butter
2 cups of milk

mix togather with a mixer and chill.

Should be around 800 calories, 81g protein, 81g carbs for the entire serving...makes about 21-22oz. of pudding.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
damn i might actually make some of this tonight

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I've always wanted to do this. How much of a difference does the PB make in the flavor?

tattoopierced1

tastes really good...kinda like reeses cups if you ask me...

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I like to use casein for my protein pudding cause i get the f*cking munchies for sweets late at night...so i chow down some sugar free fat-free pudding, lol.

regards,
COTC

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I like to use casein for my protein pudding cause i get the f*cking munchies for sweets late at night...so i chow down some sugar free fat-free pudding, lol.

regards,
COTC
Same recipe as above?

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bump to this.....use sugar-fee and fat-free pudding. no need to for extra useless simple sugar. however, i put 6 scoops of ON 100% chocolate with 2% milk. the stuff is AWESOME!!!!

something else you can try is fruity whey protein in simple gelatin (kind of like jello). i wouldnt use the actual jello as its loaded with sugar.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow this stuff is really good, the PB def makes it taste like a reeses.

Add some fat free cottage cheese or regular cottage cheese for the bulkers!

PS--through in some tasteless physillium(spelling) fiber and some pecans on top and you got one hell of a meal..take it to work for that bust!

charliewat

Awards
How much do you guys think you should make at a time or how long do you think it will stay good in the fridge??

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I used the same recipe as above except i do not use peanut butter...too much fat to intake right before sleep IMO

I use the 1 box of pudding mix, 3 scoops of probolic SR or regular casein (chocolate of course) and I add an extra 1/2 cup of skim milk so the protein powder doesnt make it too thick and sticky.

i think it almost tastes like brownie batter after chilling for a few hours in the fridge.

regards,
COTC

tattoopierced1

I actually looked over the nutritional values of the things I put into it and came up with some different numbers...although either are great for bulking. Here are those numbers:
Calories: 1,254
Protein: 90g
Carbs: 137g
Fat: 35g

So, since I use about half of this per day (10-11oz. of the 20-22oz total) it would be:
627 calories
45g protein
68.5g carbs
17.5g fat

Which isnt a bad start to breakfast....

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Made the fat free/sugar free Jello today with only 2 scoops of protein powder just to see how it would turn out. It was pretty frickin good. Couldn't even taste the protein powder. I definately want to try it with maybe an extra scoop of protein and some PB.

Brilluminati

Awards
I tried this out and it tastes awesome...good post!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Made some more, but with PB this time. Tastes even better.

Jwillbc55

Awards
Yeah that's one of my staple recipes

I also like using Vanilla protein and pistachio/white chocolate/cheesecake pudding

Also chocolate protein and butterscotch pudding is great

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Are you guys using natty PB for this? It sounds awesome, and I can't wait to make it.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tried it with a slightly modified recipe. Part was from forgetfulness part from lack of available resources.

2 scoops of ATW Chocolate Mint (should have been 3 but forgot; don't have chocolate powder)
1 packet fat free sugar free chocolate pudding
2 tsp peanut butter (should have been tbsp, but misread recipe)
2 cups 2% milk

It is awsome anyway. WAAAAAAY better than the pudding mix with just milk. Normally this pudding is too gel-like and not creamy enough. With the protein and the pb it becomes much creamier and the peanut butter tastes fantastic. The chocolate mint actually works really well in this combo surprisingly.

Next batch I'll use 3 scoops of protein and 2-3 tbsp of peanut butter.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
I ordered some chocolate whey this past weekend. I'll be feasting on protein pudding
in a day or two :dance:

So I won't have to do this later (and since I have the food labels next to me):

3 scoops chocolate whey (330 cal, 3 g fat, 6 g CHO, 72 g Protein)
1 box of SF/FF pudding (120 cals, 28 g CHO)
2 tbsp PB (400 cals: 30 g fat, 16 g CHO, 4 g fiber, 14 g Protein)
2 cups skim milk (180 cals: 26 g CHO, 16 g Protein)

Total: 1030 calories, 33 g Fat, 76 g CHO, 102 g Protein
Split in two: 515 cals, 16.5 g Fat, 38 g CHO, and 51 g Protein

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
just tried the sugar-free chocolate with three scoops of choc syntrax matrix protein powder and all I have to say is that it tastes awesome. I'm usually a picky eater and I love the taste. This is great for late night munchies.

IheartAvantLabs

Awards
Jello

Made the fat free/sugar free Jello today with only 2 scoops of protein powder just to see how it would turn out. It was pretty frickin good. Couldn't even taste the protein powder. I definately want to try it with maybe an extra scoop of protein and some PB.
Did you really use jello? Or pudding mix? If you used jello instead, you are my new best friend... That would make little choclate jello blocks. Taste good?

swoosh

swoosh

Awards
Haha, sooo I've never made pudding before (im a college student) and I made it last night, threw it in the fridge and check on it this morning. When I put it in the fridge I put the top of the tupperware on it. I am guessing I shouldn't have done that haha. Its all liquidy still. It tasted really good though!

Lets hope it solidifies while Im at class.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, sooo I've never made pudding before (im a college student) and I made it last night, threw it in the fridge and check on it this morning. When I put it in the fridge I put the top of the tupperware on it. I am guessing I shouldn't have done that haha. Its all liquidy still. It tasted really good though!

Lets hope it solidifies while Im at class.
Sounds like you didn't mix it right. Instant pudding is usually already getting pretty solid before you even put it in the fridge, just from mixing thoroughly. It only takes like an hour, it that, to solidify completely.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I meant pudding. I did try some watermelon jello with some watermelon substance wpi and boy was that a mistake. No mixing occured whatsoever, so when I checked the container the next morning the protein had formed a cake like layer on top of the jello.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Man I love this stuff! :head: I've been making it every three days for the past two weeks.

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
My god, what an awesome recipe. I read this last night, bought the mix today. I was occasionally getting the sweet tooth and I couldn't find anything decent to satisfy it. This does, and it is awesome.

I used vanilla, mainly since I have protein powder already in that flavor. The peanut butter still when in, surprisingly good.

Andrew

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
My god, what an awesome recipe. I read this last night, bought the mix today. I was occasionally getting the sweet tooth and I couldn't find anything decent to satisfy it. This does, and it is awesome.

I used vanilla, mainly since I have protein powder already in that flavor. The peanut butter still when in, surprisingly good.

Andrew
That's good to know. I also have a full 5 lbs tub of vanilla protine power.... Once the choc runs out.... I'll be trying it out for sure!

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok, stupid question, but how are you guys actually MIXING this? With a blender? Or just with a spatula or something? Yes, sometimes I'm kitchen-challenged. :D

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Ok, stupid question, but how are you guys actually MIXING this? With a blender? Or just with a spatula or something? Yes, sometimes I'm kitchen-challenged. :D
I use an electric mixer. But I noticed you have to mix it really good because I'm using whey and it takes a while to mix.... I may use a blender next time. Once I'm done mixing, I put it in small pudding/jello bowls. It fills up 4 of them and boy is it good!

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
I use an electric mixer. But I noticed you have to mix it really good because I'm using whey and it takes a while to mix.... I may use a blender next time. Once I'm done mixing, I put it in small pudding/jello bowls. It fills up 4 of them and boy is it good!
Ok, see I'm REALLY kitchen-challenged. What I MEANT was one of those hand mixers with the two beaters (like mom use to use when making cakes). Yeah.. I wonder if just a metal wisk would do also?

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Ok, see I'm REALLY kitchen-challenged. What I MEANT was one of those hand mixers with the two beaters (like mom use to use when making cakes). Yeah.. I wonder if just a metal wisk would do also?
Yeah, that's the one I use. (electric mixer with the two beaters)... I don't know about the metal whisk but maybe a big shaker cup would do. Maybe mix half at a time... Put 1/2 of the box of pudding mix in the cup with 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder 1 cup of milk and one table spoon of peanut butter. Shake it up really good and pour it into a bowl,... Then mix up the other half..... Then again the investment
of an electric mixer will be well worth it.... You can probably get one for under $10.00.... Now go get one, you will love this stuff!!...... I'm going to mix up another batch tonight.

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
I used a metal wire whisk.....leaves the pb kinda chunky but I don't care.

A handheld beater would probably be much better, but quicker to use the wire whisk, IMO.

Andrew

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
I just tried this, all i had was vanilla pudding with choc whey. used pb as well. still tasted damn good

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Well, lo and behold, the roomates had an electric hand mixer :D I made some up last night, let it chill in the fridge overnight, and had it tonight at work. It was good :D I used one box of choc. SF FF Jello Pudding, 3 scoops ON whey, 1 scoop ON cassein, 2 Tbsp natural pb, 2 cups FF milk.

It's basically just a solid version of a protein shake, but pretty damn good. It's definately a treat for the taste buds. :)

chris3g

Awards
definitely tastes great, but 1 box worth of pudding is really lasting you guys 1-2 days? It lasts me about 10 minutes :lol:

hrblcantra

Awards
Just tried this recipe last night, it was GREAT. Even my 7 year old loved it!