Dave's homemade protein bar
- 08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Dave's homemade protein bar
I think that I’ve perfected a protein meal replacement bar. It’s a double layer bar, the bottom is like an oatmeal cookie bar and the top is like a chocolate brownie. Try it out and tell me what you think.
Ingredients for oatmeal bar:
1/4 stick of butter
1.5 cups of splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 cups oat flower
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups of quaker oats (uncooked)
1 cup barley
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Bring a couple cups of water to a boil and add barley
3. Beat together butter, sugar, cinnamon, eggs and vanilla
4. Stir in the oat flower, oats, and barley
5. Spray a 13*9 baking pan with cooking spray and spread out flat with a rubber spatula.
6. Bake for 15 minutes
Ingredients for top brownie layer:
* 5 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
* 1/2 cup oat meal
* 1/2 cup oat flour (double the dry oats if you do not have oat flour)
* 6 scoops chocolate whey protein
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
* 1 cup non-fat dry milk
* 1 to 1.5 cups water
1. Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
2. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry.
3. Add water & vanilla.
4. Take your pan out of the oven(if it’s ready) and spread mixture on top
5. Garnish with flaxseeds.
6. Bake another 10 minutes.
Makes about 16 2" *4" bars.
- 08-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I'll let you know what I think of these tomorrow
- 08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I may suggest taking out the butter and replacing it with olive oil. You should still get moist bars but you'll have better fat.
08-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Ive tried a lot of homemade protein bars, this one seem to be the best!!
09-04-2005, 08:05 PM
OK I went to get the ingredients to make these at my local Kroger and I can't find oat flour or barley. Can I use wheat flour or regular flour instead? Where do you get barley?
09-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the barley is in the section where the rice is. I get a box made by quaker.
Wheat flour would be better than regular.
If there's an organic food section in your grocery store that would be where you would find oat flour.
09-05-2005, 10:05 PM
has anyone made these yet? How do they turn out if you follow the directions? I had this kick ass recipe for bannana peanut butter bars but they came out dry. Anyone have luck with this brownie one? It sounds mighty good.
09-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Dude!!...make your own oat flour... throw some rolled oats in a blender/food processor and grind until powdery... its great for any of your flour needs
09-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Or sesaleanOriginally Posted by SJA
Similar Forum Threads
- By slcl in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
- By BLANCO7 in forum RecipesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
- By Brian5225 in forum RecipesReplies: 11Last Post: 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
- By Sulsuknjrk in forum RecipesReplies: 22Last Post: 12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 03-21-2003, 01:34 AM