This is something my wife taught me to make, gotta admit it is pretty freaking good!
This makes 8 portions. Please share if you liked it or if you prepped it different!
2.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1 small onion 1 small red or green pepper
2 ribs celery
1/2 cup zucchini (optional)
1/2 cup broccoli stems (optional)
1 Tbsp garlic chopped
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 egg whites
2 cups rolled oats
1. Cook all veggies until just done and soft, adding the garlic during the last minute or so of cooking (about 12-15 minutes total). Set aside to cool.
2. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Put all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
4. Rub 2 loaf pans liberally with olive oil or use silicone pans (works best). Fill loaf pans with meatloaf mixture.
5. Place pans on baking sheet to catch any drips and bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until it reaches 135 degrees with a meat thermometer.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20-30 minutes.
7. Turn out onto a cutting board and slice into thick slices.
Dietary Fiber 1g
"The Universal Soldier"