- 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Clean Eating Baked Italian Ziti
(Makes 12 servings)
1 lb whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
1 1/2 lbs lean, ground turkey
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce, no sodium is best
1 cup parmesan cheese
Step 1 – While the pasta cooks, in a large skillet, cook the turkey meat in the olive oil.
Step 2 – In a large mixing bowl, combine the basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, honey, vinegar, water and tomato sauce.
Step 3 – Add the cooked pasta and the cooked meat to the tomato sauce and mix well.
Step 4 – Transfer to a baking dish and top with parmesan cheese.
Step 5 – Bake at 350 F. for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Eat and Enjoy!
1 serving = 1/12 the recipe
(Simply cut casserole into 12 equal pieces)
Total Fat: 9 gm
Saturated Fats: 3 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Sodium: 193 mg
Carbohydrates: 32 gm
Dietary fiber: 4 gm
Sugars: 4 gm
Protein: 19 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 17
Similar Forum Threads
- By mmorpheuss in forum AnabolicsReplies: 19Last Post: 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
- By ClintZ28 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 18Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
- By Grant in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-25-2004, 01:43 AM
- By demon in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-09-2004, 11:15 AM
- By Jason161 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2004, 09:32 PM