Apple cinnamon steel cut oatmeal
- 09-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Made this last night
I doubled the ingredients in mine. Should have enough until Saturday!
2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)
1-1/2 cups almond milk
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar (or substitute maple syrup, cane sugar or other desired sweetener)
1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, additional milk or butter
Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. (Or you will be scraping the sides the next day) Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary). Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.
To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup almond milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.
Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.
Edit. I just transferred it over to a sealable container. I should have enough for a week. Holy shyt
Sent from my iPhone using Am.comAppnut 5 Stack
Similar Forum Threads
- By illgixxer in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:52 PM
- By djbombsquad in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 8Last Post: 03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
- By bull8t in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 9Last Post: 01-21-2008, 06:34 AM
- By SeaHawk22 in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 11-27-2005, 05:30 PM
- By Sticks in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 08-29-2004, 02:36 PM