Cooking rice for the week....

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i cook pounds of chicken at a time and then eat it all week long... Can i do the same with whole grain rice? How long will it stay for?

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i was hoping there was some magic trick to get it to keep for a week...

Thepaul7

Awards
Its never the same but you can put a bit of water in it and stick it in the microwave or pot and it should make it edible for a day or so longer.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
i do this all the time. make enough for the week portion it up into individual containers and add little water or sauce stick in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes and its good to go

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get a rice cooker. What I do is add the water, rice, EVOO, and a little broth, take a shower, and it's usually done. I do this 2-3x/week in the mornings.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Get a rice cooker. What I do is add the water, rice, EVOO, and a little broth, take a shower, and it's usually done. I do this 2-3x/week in the mornings.
i never knew such things existed... I am definitely getting one....

asdfvtn

Awards
I actually tried cooking my rice in my pressure cooker recently.. It seems to last a day or so longer before drying out like my rice cooker. Or I'm just crazy.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Mine dries out after like a day or two. I recently started eating Uncle ben's natural brown rice cups instead and it's way better. 45 sec in the micro and you've got a good single serving of rice.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Rice cooker came today.... Going to buy some broth... Looking forward to using it...

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
Rice cooker came today.... Going to buy some broth... Looking forward to using it...
I just got a top of the line zojirushi rice cooker "$200+" for about $50 because the guy didn't have room to take it when he moved!!! like brand new :DDDDD it's fuarking huge too.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
lol rice cookers rock!!! mines just a six cup rice cooker nothing too fancy... I cant imagine eating six cups of rice in one sitting anyway... its so quick and easy I just cook the rice everytime I have a meal or my carb day ill cook it.. doesnt take long at all!

smutty

smutty

Awards
get the frozen stuff at trader joes. cooks in 88 seconds, I use half then stick the bag in the refrigerator.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
all this talk of rice is making me hungry.... Cant eat any real carbs till after tomorrows workout though, lol...