Meals for school

coswold

Awards
What would be some easy high protein high carb meals that I could bring to school that don't need heating?

montesj88

Awards
It sucks eating cold food but sometimes thats what it takes...I usually just pack a bunch of almonds, ostrich jerky, and greek yogurt (with agave syrup, dont really know how people can eat 0% fat plain).

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chicken salad sandwiches. Make chicken salad and be sure to pile it on the wheat bread of choice. You can easily pop 30g protein and 20g carbs for each sandwich. Make sure you wrap the bread in paper towel, then plastic wrap, then place wrapped sandwiches in ziploc bags. Buy yourself some Kroger brand CarbMaster yogurts, which are 60 calories and 8g protein. They taste good and are good supplementary protein to any meal. To top it all off, have a can of tuna pre-mixed with squash relish, miracle whip, and kosher salt. So your looking at:

Chicken salad sandwiches ~ 60g protein, 40g carbs, < 5g fats
1 Can tuna, prepped ~ 20g protein, 5-10g fat
Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt ~ 8g protein, 4g carbs, fats ??

So you're looking at 88g protein, 45g carbs, 10-15g fats. That's all in one meal which amounts to about 630-675 calories total.

cr8tine

cr8tine

Awards
Chicken salad sandwiches. Make chicken salad and be sure to pile it on the wheat bread of choice. You can easily pop 30g protein and 20g carbs for each sandwich. Make sure you wrap the bread in paper towel, then plastic wrap, then place wrapped sandwiches in ziploc bags. Buy yourself some Kroger brand CarbMaster yogurts, which are 60 calories and 8g protein. They taste good and are good supplementary protein to any meal. To top it all off, have a can of tuna pre-mixed with squash relish, miracle whip, and kosher salt. So your looking at:

Chicken salad sandwiches ~ 60g protein, 40g carbs, < 5g fats
1 Can tuna, prepped ~ 20g protein, 5-10g fat
Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt ~ 8g protein, 4g carbs, fats ??

So you're looking at 88g protein, 45g carbs, 10-15g fats. That's all in one meal which amounts to about 630-675 calories total.
Good thought out plan man..

coswold

Awards
Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the info. Appreciate it

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
buffalo chicken wraps
whole wheat tortillas - (or go with ezekiel wraps)
chicken
buffalo sauce
cheese - i use sharp cheddar
most times ill eat broccoli with it, or throw some spinach in the wrap

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
High carb and high protein. Low fat im assuming?

1/2c greek yogurt 0%, 1 scoop whey, 1c brown rice = rice pudding. Honey is another good option is berries or a complex carb designer product.
Whole wheat pita with hummus, chicken/turkey and black bean sandwich.
A quality weight gainer may do well for you too.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread with some greek yogurt

YYZgeddylee

YYZgeddylee

Awards
hard boiled eggs.
(getting carbs is the easy part)

Benjamin1

Awards
Hey i feel your pain man. I got class mon-thurs 10am-4pm. And I refuse to eat what they have on campus (fast food).

If possible, find the cans of tuna that don't need can openers. But what I like to do is get a couple cans of tuna, and a sleeve of whole wheat crackers. Just dip crackers in your tuna where ever you are- waiting for next class, waiting for the bus, on the bus, walking to class, etc.)

To add some flavor, I just walk into the fast food restaurants on campus and take packets of mustard. For healthy fats, I always keep a bag of homemade trail mix (unsalted almonds and apricots)

Hope this helps!

f1ghter33

Awards
thanx for the info !!

YYZgeddylee

YYZgeddylee

Awards
that's pretty hard to beat for $5
not to mention very tasty when hot.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The best high protein food you can eat is tuna. It's packed with protein and it has multiple servings too. Go for albacore. It tastes better

thessbros

thessbros

Awards
What I usually pack for school is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on natures own wheat bread all natural of course! Some chobani Greek yogurt no sugar added. Some beef jerky, a banana or apple or some sort of fruit and then if I'm bulking some almonds.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The best high protein food you can eat is tuna. It's packed with protein and it has multiple servings too. Go for albacore. It tastes better
Tuna with some eggs... Yum

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
We talking tuna outta the can? Been trying to find the right receipt for tuna... Just don't seem to exist