Very Low Carb+Low Fat+ High Protein ICE CREAM

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Sorry bro's, you're going to need an Ice Cream Maker for this one (best $50 I ever spent! LOL)

Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, White: Kitchen & Dining

Only 4 ingredients!

Put the following in Blender - Mix WELL
1) 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Egg Beaters For Masssive Serving: Use 10 Ounces
2) 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Unsweetened Coconut Milk For Massive Serving: Use 10 Ounces
3) 1 Scoop of ANY type of Whey Protein Powder: For Massive Serving: Use 1.5 Scoops
4) Sweeten with Splenda or Stevia (Make it VERY Sweet b/c after it's in Ice Cream Form it looses 30-40% of its sweetness)

Stick in Ice Cream Maker, 15 minutes later - Presto! Yields a whopping 1.5 pints of Yumminess. :D
*** At 10 minutes it will start to become very creamy, keep machine on for 5 more minutes! It gets THICKER

Approximate MACRO's
55-60 grams of protein
Only 10 grams of carbs (depends on the Brand of unsweetened coconut milk - some are lower)
Only 5 grams of fat (MCA's)

In picture below: That's a 2-quart Ice Cream Maker. So, the yield might be closer to 3/4 quart. It's a LOT of ice cream! Trust me! Nom Nom Nom :p Pics below reflect "Massive Serving as Described above"

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ssbackwards - a coconut + protein powder recipe = this has you written all over it ;)

Nate007

Awards
Hitting the grocery store tomorrow bro. Think I'm going to try this out. Def glad I bought the wife an ice cream maker for a present awhile back. Thanks for the recipe.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodf luck. Please post back with results and any additives to make this yummier. For peole who dont mind the carbs, adding fruit would be aq cinche and more flavor-packed.

don't forget to make it EXTRA Sweet as it loses sweetness during the "freezing" part of this recipe. While Splenda tastes much better to me (liek real sugar) but I am trying to stick with stevia b/c it's natural and the ONLY Alkaline sweetner known! ;)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Looks good man. I'll have to give it a go. I have some MGN ice cream sandwich at home should make for a good ice cream.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
So I strongly dislike the taste of coconut...how do you feel about using a cup of unsweetened almond milk instead or, (gasp), regular milk? Unless I'm mistaken, a cup of regular milk is usually only 12-13g of carbs.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would guess that they would work just fine. I think SOME fat (2%???) would be needed for the concoction to "stick" but I could be wrong! Trial and error?

Since Ice Cream is typically a product made from dairy/cream, MILK might work/taste even more like the real thing.

Let us know?

So I strongly dislike the taste of coconut...how do you feel about using a cup of unsweetened almond milk instead or, (gasp), regular milk? Unless I'm mistaken, a cup of regular milk is usually only 12-13g of carbs.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does that ice cream maker use ice cream salt and ice? Or is it one of those that you have to freeze the bowl the day before?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THIS

Freeze it, Throw all ingredients in, Turn it on - Done

Or is it one of those that you have to freeze the bowl the day before?

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
Very interesting recipe and easy too...
Thanks for the share :)

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Will be trying this today with 2% (as you've recommended for fat content). Shall report back.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
look forward to it!

ReneeIngram

Awards
Sound like great recipe to me.I love ice cream. I will make this high protein ice cream. Thanks for sharing.

Nate007

Awards
How much sweetener do you use? Ive been meaning to try these. I'll be using stevia

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use a TON as I lioke my stuff sweet. LOL Start with a 1/2 teaspoon. After blended....taste it....make sure it is EXTRA SWEET b/c it loses sweetness in the ice-cream-freezing process!

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Bro this is amazing used chocolate pb whey taste so good i felt guilty eating it. Only 345 calories in the standard size with the 8 oz measure 51 g prot. 7g fat and only 10g carbs. Good share

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bro this is amazing used chocolate pb whey taste so good i felt guilty eating it. Only 345 calories in the standard size with the 8 oz measure 51 g prot. 7g fat and only 10g carbs. Good share
I just brought Choc p butter jiff cups :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
;) glad you enjoyed

anathemax

anathemax

Awards
Excellent stuff! I had not even considered the coconut milk. Definitely gna try that soon.

I've been building everything off of cheap vanilla protein powder. I'm not as concerned about the carbs or dairy right now - so I've been using those 0% fat 6oz Chobani greek yogurt cups for flavor:

6 oz yogurt
4 oz water
2 scoops of protein
stevia to taste

Blend and drop in the ice cream machine until it is perfect soft serve. 400 calories 4 grams fat 21 grams of carbs and 68 grams protein.

I've never actually tested how it hardens up in the freezer - It never gets that far...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dulce

Dulce

Awards
i think you may have convinced me to buy an ice cream maker.....

are you saying there is a way for me to eat ice cream everyday?! you very well could be the answer to all of my life's problems!

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
has anyone tried arctic freeze? this does taste better than that right?

arctic freeze has made me very scared of any sort of healthy ice cream...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. :D

i think you may have convinced me to buy an ice cream maker..... are you saying there is a way for me to eat ice cream everyday?! you very well could be the answer to all of my life's problems!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean arctic zero?

That stuff is not only a huge rip off but the taste BLOWS - I used to get that stuff out of desperation for ice cream b/c in a low carb disciple.

Then after reading the ingredients, I decided to figure out how to make it myself. :)

This blows it out of the water IMO

has anyone tried arctic freeze? this does taste better than that right? arctic freeze has made me very scared of any sort of healthy ice cream...

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
I mean arctic zero?

That stuff is not only a huge rip off but the taste BLOWS
This blows it out of the water IMO
k im trusting you on this. I am now eagerly waiting for my new ice cream maker. this is 100% YOUR fault btw...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lolol!! :p

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
k im trusting you on this. I am now eagerly waiting for my new ice cream maker. this is 100% YOUR fault btw...
The "latest" recipe and some notes .... (Entire recipe has hardly any carbs, tons of protein and only a few grams of healthy fats)

Ingredients:
12 ounces of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 (4 ounces) Cup Egg Beaters
1/3 Cup of Any Flavor Whey Protein
Sugar Free Sweetener (lots of it - read below)

Mix very well in blender then put in the Ice Cream Maker----Will take ~10 minutes

NOTES:
1) You have to use LOTS of sweetener b/c when it freezes in the ice crea maker, it loses it's sweetness---so, make the mixture EXTRA sweet.

2) IF you want, add any Sugar Free Flavorings to ADD more taste if u want:
Cinnamon Spice; Pumpkin Spice; I have also combined pumpkin + cinnamon before; you can use those MIO sugar free flavoring bottles; I've also made apple spice cream and lemon ice cream-you name it, along with peanut butter powder (PB2)-delish!

You flavor options are endless! Obviously, you can use flavored protein powder too. Chocolate protein is simply decadent !!

3) My recipe is about as clean and low carb and low calories as you can make it - if you are not as concerned - add things like real cream or fattier varieties of almond or coconut milk as well as not so low carb varieties of the other ingredients.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
The "latest" recipe and some notes .... (Entire recipe has hardly any carbs, tons of protein and only a few grams of healthy fats)

Ingredients:
12 ounces of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 (4 ounces) Cup Egg Beaters
1/3 Cup of Any Flavor Whey Protein
Sugar Free Sweetener (lots of it - read below)

Mix very well in blender then put in the Ice Cream Maker----Will take ~10 minutes

NOTES:
1) You have to use LOTS of sweetener b/c when it freezes in the ice crea maker, it loses it's sweetness---so, make the mixture EXTRA sweet.

2) IF you want, add any Sugar Free Flavorings to ADD more taste if u want:
Cinnamon Spice; Pumpkin Spice; I have also combined pumpkin + cinnamon before; you can use those MIO sugar free flavoring bottles; I've also made apple spice cream and lemon ice cream-you name it, along with peanut butter powder (PB2)-delish!

You flavor options are endless! Obviously, you can use flavored protein powder too. Chocolate protein is simply decadent !!

3) My recipe is about as clean and low carb and low calories as you can make it - if you are not as concerned - add things like real cream or fattier varieties of almond or coconut milk as well as not so low carb varieties of the other ingredients.
come tomorrow (according to my shipment tracking) its on dude.... i am SO excited. thanks for the recipes!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome and good luck! :D

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
^Good to know, thanks for the info.

So about 2 years ago I suggested the whole almond milk and/or regular milk, and then never followed up...well, a Lanister always keeps his promise :p

2% milk did indeed work great. I like almond milk even more, but I see above that you've already amended the recipe to include almond milk. For 2%, I would keep the content still down to the original recipe, just 8oz or so. Unsweetened coconut milk and 2% milk have roughly the same fat content in 8oz (5g), so I've found the two are fairly consistent. Of course, if you're doing low carb, definitely stick with either almond or coconut milk.

Oh, and I've come to enjoy coconut milk when mixed with other things :) I kinda assumed it would taste like pure coconut, but I know better now.

Also, to all those interested in health (vitamins/minerals and such) along with macros, definitely stick to coconut milk. More than half of the saturated fat content of coconut milk is lauric acid. Gotta love those MTCs (Medium-Chain Triglycerides)!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just do 1.5 cups almond milk, 1.5 scoop whey
mix and let it rock in the mixer and then add mix-ins last.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Are egg beaters actually nutritious at all? Better to use real eggs or egg whites?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are egg beaters actually nutritious at all? Better to use real eggs or egg whites?
for protein ice cream you wont need eggs or egg whites.
You should always eat the "Whole Egg" If you have the fat macros available for them, they have tons of micronutrients.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's all u put in the ice cream machine?

No eggs?

Had no clue this would "work" consistency-wise

I just do 1.5 cups almond milk, 1.5 scoop whey mix and let it rock in the mixer and then add mix-ins last.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's it
Your proof is in the pic I posted !

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
So Solution, I know your response to me about eggs was probably self explanatory to you, but I want to make sure I'm reading it right, because i have no idea how to cook or how eggs or egg beaters would affect the mixture etc.
To be clear, are you saying I dont NEED to use eggs, but I can use them instead of egg beaters? Im putting macros and all that aside here. Is there something in the yolk or egg beaters (non-nutrient wise) that would make it better for ice cream making than just the egg white?

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I'm intrigued. I'll be keeping my eye out for a good deal on an ice cream maker.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. lol
I have been wasting egg $ on beaters for years now as I assumed I needed them
You just saved me a ton of cash

to combine 2 items? Lol