Cottage cheese

gospher

gospher

Awards
How do you eat it?
Recipes or something it's just hard to go down I can eat it but took me 20 mins lol

steppinRazor

Awards
for awhile i was mixing it with tuna and boiled eggs..chop some onion up as well. actually not too shabby

ive also heard of some people blending it up in their whey along with some other goodies

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I eat it with fruit usually, goes good with pineapple

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate cottage cheese alone! I mix a serving in a bowl with a half to full scoop of whey, a serving of natty PB, and cinnamon. Try different flavors of whey. Chocolate makes it taste like a peanut butter cup especially if you microwave the PB a little just to heat it up

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I can't eat it by itself as it really makes me gag! Pineapple is good or I just throw some low cal/carb yoghurt in with it if I am watching my carbs.

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Try mixing some tuna in with it. It's not the greatest tasting thing, but it helps somewhat.

gospher

gospher

Awards
Thank you!!
I liked the why protein with a lil yogurt and a lil pb with cinnamon I was worried for a bit lol
Def won't that alone
Thanks fellas

AForney

AForney

Awards
I like my cottage cheese 2 ways. Add a bunch of strawberries for sweet or add a spoon-full of chili powder and pepper for savory. I had the savory style last night for a quick snack.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i eat it straight from the tub...i use sam's large curd....

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
i like to mix about half a packet of sugar free fat free white chocolate pudding mix in with a whole large tub let it sit for awhile. mix one serving with some cherries tastes better than any dessert out there

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
strawberry banana yogurt.....tastes like cheesecake if you do it right

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
i buy costco's big ole tub of 2%. Here is what i do.

1C Cottage cheese
1/2C FFGY
1Tbsp almond butter or natty pb
1/4C walnuts (oh, i get 3lbs from costco for $15...unreal deal!!)
1tbsp of sugar free jam (i think its pomar...also from costco)
dash of cinnamon and vanilla

Absolutely soooo good. The walnuts set it off.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Slab it on top of a plate full of smoked salmon/lox
Or
Mix in with an egg scramble (add veggies or other meats) optionally add a bit of fav hot sauce
Or
Eat with celery sticks and natty PButter

suaverico

suaverico

Awards
I eat mine with 2 tsp milled flaxseed and 2 tsp whole wheat bran. Half cup fills me for couple hours, I eat them with boiled egg whites at lunch.

BigOil26

BigOil26

Awards
I eat it as a late night snack, dip an apple in it but I don't mind eating it alone, the taste doesn't bother me

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you have a Kroger's by you, buy the Kroger brand fat free cottage cheese. Tastes really good. I can't stand any other cottage cheese.

EDIT: It also has a pretty good profile: 5g carbs with 15g protein.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
First, OP, you're aware that cottage cheese comes in different curd sizes (small, medium, large)? Not everyone realizes and they just grab the first tub. Second, you can go sweet or savory with it. Sweet: Cinnamon and splenda could be a real treat. Throw in some natural pb and thats good too. Savory: Have you ever had a gyro? Because you could make a gyro tzatziki sauce with the cottage cheese that is so good you'll be licking your fingers. Also, spinach onion and feta in filo dough isnt bad, tho you need to be on a diet that permits that kind of carb and fat intake.

for awhile i was mixing it with tuna and boiled eggs..chop some onion up as well. actually not too shabby

ive also heard of some people blending it up in their whey along with some other goodies

Power to you on that. I don't think I could mix it with tuna or boiled eggs

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I love cottage cheese plain. And if I do mix something in I don't mix anything in it except a little black pepper.

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
I like it plain but sometime mix with a lil hunts ketchup.... Or pepper

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
I'll usually make a shake with some yogurt, fruit, skim milk, cottage cheese and some whey.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
If you're hungry enough, just about anything tastes good ;) I've actually come to love the taste of plain cottage cheese. I look forward to it moreso than I look forward to my daily Greek yogurt. As others have said, brand makes all the difference in the world. This stuff is the shiz:

DG_Trim_CC_Product.jpg

It's the creamiest/best consistency I've found. For the rest of your dairy protein needs, go for a cup of this w/a packet of Stevia or Splenda in it. So good:

Fage_Greek.jpg

nodoughnut

Awards
I put a little sugar free maple syrup in my cottage cheese. Makes for a nice treat right before I go to bed.

Benjamin1

Awards
If you have a Kroger, you MUSt try this recipe.... a half cup of cottage cheese with a CarbMaster yogurt (only sold at Kroger) and a handful of your favorite unsalted nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pistachios)
deeeeeee-licous

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm gonna try this tomorrow. Just picked up the carbmaster yogurt and put it in my oats this morning. It was pretty good. Good alternative to the sugar heavy packaged oat meal if you want the fruit flavor.

DeFos3

DeFos3

Awards
The three ways I mainly eat mine are plain, with black pepper or Sriracha suace, or mixed with spinach and Braggs liquid amino's.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New recipe! Literally 2 whopping table spoons of peanut butter for a 6-serving container of cottage cheese, or 2 smaller tablespoons for a 4-serving container, mixed with ~3-5 packets of truvia or splenda. Mix vigorously (doesn't have to be mixed for a long time, just vigorously until the pb starts to change the color of the cottage cheese). Magic!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
New recipe! Literally 2 whopping table spoons of peanut butter for a 6-serving container of cottage cheese, or 2 smaller tablespoons for a 4-serving container, mixed with ~3-5 packets of truvia or splenda. Mix vigorously (doesn't have to be mixed for a long time, just vigorously until the pb starts to change the color of the cottage cheese). Magic!
Add a little cinnamon for more deliciousness