LOW CARB Bagels: Sami's Brand and CarbKrunchers Brands

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do we "trust" the labels?

These taste almost too good so I'm leary.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Post the label up.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Normally almond flour contains around 3-4 net carbs per serving. I would question the label of Sami's, seeing as how it contains both almond, oat, soy and wheat flour with only 4 net carbs.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks. They have been around forever - not that this means anything but you would think SOMEONE would have called them out.

The bagels are SO good. Yes, they taste like a healthier/drier version so it's somewhat believable but I have had DISGUSTING bagels with similar macro profiles; hence my questioning.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks. They have been around forever - not that this means anything but you would think SOMEONE would have called them out.

The bagels are SO good. Yes, they taste like a healthier/drier version so it's somewhat believable but I have had DISGUSTING bagels with similar macro profiles; hence my questioning.
Labels are tricky creatures. The FDA likes it like that. Lot's of food items use the rules and regulations to their advantage. Kudos to you for being one of the few people that can actually catch it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks

While on the subject of deceit......

Polydextrose and Maltodextrin are a few items being added to LOW sugar products and it is listed as a fiber (joke!). These are synthetic polymers of glucose and while somewhat indigestable they DO impact insulin levels.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks

While on the subject of deceit......

Polydextrose and Maltodextrin are a few items being added to LOW sugar products and it is listed as a fiber (joke!). These are synthetic polymers of glucose and while somewhat indigestable they DO impact insulin levels.
Yep, it's used as filler for all your artificial sweetener packets. Kind of defeats the purpose.