Baked Avocado Fries

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    I have been thinking about doing something like this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avoc...0000001886172/

but instead of frying them, I would bake them. Might come out with a crispier taste (definitely more carbs but that is not a problem for me).
    That looks good, I think my thing was the mixture of egg with avocado just tasted too odd to me, but I may try that version. I tried w/o egg and it was mehhh, gf didn't care for it either. I make some awesome baked fries using potatoes and a seasoning mix similar to five guys... friggen fries come out of the oven tasting almost exactly like Five Guys with the curry seasoning.

For those asking about which avocado's I generally buy the Hass ones vs the larger ones. As I love slicing them up and adding to burgers or turkey.

2. i made them last night, they totally turned out like ****.. obviously i still ate them

probably cause i didn't use greased foil but greased pan and it stuck

probably cause i used to much egg as there was excess in the pan

probably cause i hacked up the avocado in 20 different uneven shapes

probably cooked it longer than needed

i may do it again.. but, this thread has turned me on to eating more avocados.. i'm thinking at least 3 whole ones a week.. 9 grams of fiber, 0 sugar and only 3 net carbs.. good stuff
    •   

3. Yeah, gotta follow that recipe man. When done right, they're really good. Try 'em with some garlic too.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

4. Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    I have been thinking about doing something like this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avoc...0000001886172/

but instead of frying them, I would bake them. Might come out with a crispier taste (definitely more carbs but that is not a problem for me).

I also saw that On The Border has Avocado Fries as an Appetizer: http://www.foodspotting.com/reviews/609281
    I made these again tonight but coated them in panko bread crumbs after dipping the pieces in egg. I liked them a lot more this way.

5. The one she posted is often called a Florida avocado, they are lower in fat than the hass variety you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexoc949 View Post
    what kind of avocado is that? the ones i see in the store are californian and look like this and one fourth isn't going to cut it.

Attachment 51873
    a medium one of these is said to have about 240 calories. 21g fat, 3-4g protein, 12gcarbs but 9grams of fiber
    •   

6. awsome recipe !!
    You come in peace, but you go back in pieces
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Baked Avocado Fries
    By SinOrSlim in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
  2. Baked Avocado Fries
    By SinOrSlim in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2