Baked Avocado Fries

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    I have been thinking about doing something like this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avoc...0000001886172/

but instead of frying them, I would bake them. Might come out with a crispier taste (definitely more carbs but that is not a problem for me).
    That looks good, I think my thing was the mixture of egg with avocado just tasted too odd to me, but I may try that version. I tried w/o egg and it was mehhh, gf didn't care for it either. I make some awesome baked fries using potatoes and a seasoning mix similar to five guys... friggen fries come out of the oven tasting almost exactly like Five Guys with the curry seasoning.

For those asking about which avocado's I generally buy the Hass ones vs the larger ones. As I love slicing them up and adding to burgers or turkey.

2. i made them last night, they totally turned out like ****.. obviously i still ate them

probably cause i didn't use greased foil but greased pan and it stuck

probably cause i used to much egg as there was excess in the pan

probably cause i hacked up the avocado in 20 different uneven shapes

probably cooked it longer than needed

i may do it again.. but, this thread has turned me on to eating more avocados.. i'm thinking at least 3 whole ones a week.. 9 grams of fiber, 0 sugar and only 3 net carbs.. good stuff
    •   

3. Yeah, gotta follow that recipe man. When done right, they're really good. Try 'em with some garlic too.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

4. Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    I have been thinking about doing something like this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avoc...0000001886172/

but instead of frying them, I would bake them. Might come out with a crispier taste (definitely more carbs but that is not a problem for me).

I also saw that On The Border has Avocado Fries as an Appetizer: http://www.foodspotting.com/reviews/609281
    I made these again tonight but coated them in panko bread crumbs after dipping the pieces in egg. I liked them a lot more this way.

5. The one she posted is often called a Florida avocado, they are lower in fat than the hass variety you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexoc949 View Post
    what kind of avocado is that? the ones i see in the store are californian and look like this and one fourth isn't going to cut it.

Attachment 51873
    a medium one of these is said to have about 240 calories. 21g fat, 3-4g protein, 12gcarbs but 9grams of fiber

6. awsome recipe !!
    You come in peace, but you go back in pieces

Similar Forum Threads

1. Baked Avocado Fries
    By SinOrSlim in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
  2. Baked Avocado Fries
    By SinOrSlim in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
  3. Baked Avocado Fries