Here’s an easy low carb lasagna recipe I came up with. You pretty much just substitute the noodles for baked tofu. It came out great but I came up with the recipe on the spot so I didnt have ricotta cheese on hand or any ground beef defrosted. I think that if you substitute the ham for ground beef and cottage cheese for ricotta cheese it will have more of an authentic traditional lasagna taste. I’ll redo it with these two alterations soon and let you know how it tuns out!
1 Pcakage of Lite Firm Tofu
4 Slices Ham Cold Cuts (or ground Beef)
1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese (or ricotta cheese)
1 Slice American Cheese
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
6 Tbsp Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Open and drain the tofu
3. Cut the tofu “thickness” into 4 slices (you will be using 2 of these)
4. Season 2 of the tofu slices with parsley, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
5. Place on an aluminum foil lined sheet and bake for 20 minutes
6. Remove the tofu from the oven and begin to layer the tofu. Begin with 2 Tbsp of marinara sauce, flollowed by 3 slices of shredded ham (or ground beef).
7. Place the cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese) on top of the first ham or beef layer and then add another layer of the remaining ham or beef followed by 2 more tbsp of marinara sauce
8. Now place the other tofu slice on top of the last layer of marinara and top with the last 2 Tbsp of marinara sauce and a slice of american cheese
9. Place back in oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted
10. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
For more daily and personally made low carb recipes check out sinorslim.com