Nutrition Facts Help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.07%

Nutrition Facts Help

Hey i'm brand new to the forum and I've been getting help with what supplements to be taking and what my macro needs to get up to and all that. So i went and i bought Lean Ground Beef (93/7) and PLUS Pasta. I cooked both of them and then combined them together. I then took the nutrition facts of each and found out how much total calories, protein, carbs, etc, was in each product (total). I then added the 2 totals to get the Pasta/Beef Mixture total. Now i divided it up into 3 equal bowls for 3 separate meals. I then took the total's of carbs, calories, protein, etc and divided it by 3 to get how much each meal would be. Did i do this right or is there an easier way? If this doesn't make sense ask questions and i can clarify.

Also i haven't been reaching my daily goals. I've been looking for recipes and such on here and have found a few but they all seem low in calories and fat. Are there any good recipes that will help me increase my intake? This is what i had yesterday.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  64.3 KB

What i need:

Calories: 3,500
    Protein: 200 g
    Fat: 120 g
    Carbs: 400 g

Thanks in Advance!

original post: /forum/training-forum/179825-supplements-nutrition-lifting.html#post2945661

~DanOpi

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Part of the problem is that looking like you are trying too hard. Why bother with 93/7 beef? get the 80/20 or 85/15. Make the same meal, but scramble in 6 whole eggs and add an apple or banana to the meal when you eat it, and measure out 2tbsp of natural peanut butter to eat with the apple/banana
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.07%

Okay, well the thing is i eat 3 eggs and some toast for breakfast every morning. Is it okay to eat that many eggs? I feel stupid asking that but i want to make sure. But did i calculate the nutritional facts right? That's what i want to know. And about peanut butter, it may seem crazy but i've never tried it before. As an infant i was told i was allergic to peanuts but then a few years later they said i wasn't and I've just stayed away from it but i should be fine, i'll try that sometime! Thanks for the suggestion!
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Sure, that was the right way to calculate it. You can also try almond butter in place of peanut
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.94%

I posted that from my phone, so wanted to add a little now i'm back at the computer. The whole negativity about eggs comes from saturated fat levels which raise cholesterol levels. The funny thing is though that there isn't any real evidence that high cholesterol levels without high triglyceride levels has any negative health or longevity impact (assuming we are talking levels of 300-400, not 2000).
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.07%

Okay so 5 eggs a day won't hurt me in the short run or long run? By 6 eggs you ment 6 eggs in the whole thing and then divide it up right? Not 6 in each serving? And why switch to 80/20? I'm just curious. And are there any other good recipes that will help me reach my goals? Thanks for the help! Any other tips?
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.94%

Quote Originally Posted by DanOpi View Post
    Okay so 5 eggs a day won't hurt me in the short run or long run? By 6 eggs you ment 6 eggs in the whole thing and then divide it up right? Not 6 in each serving? And why switch to 80/20? I'm just curious. And are there any other good recipes that will help me reach my goals? Thanks for the help! Any other tips?
    yep, 6 eggs total. As to the 80/20, a large part of your issue is not reaching your calorie goal. Fat is more calorie dense than protein or carbs, so increasing the fat content adds more calories more easily.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beef patties nutrition facts
    By MattD1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
  2. Nutrition Facts with random food added
    By massarmor in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 09:23 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 06:56 PM