Protein: 47
    Carbohydrate: 0
    of which Sugars: 0
    Fat: 4.5
    of which Saturates: 3.8

Method

1. Pre-heat the oven to 320f.
    2. Peel and dice the Portobello mushrooms and add into a large mixing bowl
    3. Add the ground turkey into the bowl along with a tablespoon each of Dill Weed and Italian Herbs. Add a 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
    4. Crack the eggs and separate the whites from the yolk. Add the whites into the bowl.
    5. Mix everything with your hands, ensuring that there is even distribution of all ingredients throughout the mixture.
    6. Once mixed, tear small pieces of the Monterey Jack cheese and add it in evenly to the mix.
    7. Having sprayed a baking tray with non-stick spray (can use coconut oil), and roll mixture into 12 golf-sized balls and place on tray.
    8. Place in oven and leave for approximately 18-22 minutes until slightly browned.

When, how much and why:

I'm often away from home, and while I'm able to perfectly cope with chicken breast and vegetables, it's not the easiest thing to eat on the move. By taking these Turkey Powerballs with me, I can easily pick up a salad from a local grocery, or just eat them as they are. The best thing besides the taste is that if anyone sees me eating them, they usually ask what they are and where I got them from, as opposed to assuming that I'm just some bodybuilder trying to diet down for a show. Ha - result then. Getting people more interested, and open up their minds about eating good clean food!

The high protein and zero fat content, make these Turkey Powerballs the perfect meal for low-carbers, or for later in the day when there's a higher risk that the body will may store a percentage of carbohydrates eaten at night. They're also great for kids who are not always the easiest to convince that chicken and turkey breast will help them grow up big and strong. Given them a ball on a stick though, now that will get them eating the right way from an early age!

If you are following a lactate free diet, then simply remove the cheese (which provides most of the fat, although the 'Private Selection' brand that I use, only contains three ingredients: Pasteurized milk cheese cultures, salt, and microbial enzymes).

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Good post, I'm definitely trying them out.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Trying to fig out what could substitute for the shrooms? Hate them lol.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Turkey legs
    By BabyHulk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 05:22 PM
  2. I don't want a dry turkey!
    By Delta Force in forum Recipes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 10:05 AM
  3. Allow yourself more on Turkey Day?
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / Health