- 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Meatloaf Recipe Meatloaf Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds LEAN ground beef
3/4 cup uncooked oats
3/4 cup ketchup
1 egg or double up on egg Whites
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
Meatloaf Topping Ingredients
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all of the meatloaf ingredients (not including the topping) in a large bowl. Mix well, making sure to get the soup mix combined well with the rest of the meatloaf ingredients. Shape ground beef mixture into a loaf shape in a large baking pan. Glass baking pans are better, as the meatloaf doesn't stick as badly and you can see through the dish if the meatloaf is done. Place in oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix all of the meatloaf topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix well to avoid lumps in the brown sugar. A fork works best to mix up the meatloaf topping. After 30 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven. Spread the meatloaf topping evenly over the meatloaf with a spatula or pastry brush. Return the meatloaf to the oven at 350 degrees for approximately another 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Let meatloaf stand for about five minutes before slicing.
- 07-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I wish i could find something as easy as Liptons onion soup for seasoning cause i hate the texture on onions.
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By msucurt in forum RecipesReplies: 15Last Post: 10-31-2010, 11:30 PM
- By TipTopShape in forum RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2010, 10:21 AM
- By stormecho in forum RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:15 AM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 02-24-2005, 11:09 AM