oatmeal ?

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i have been eating oatmeal all the time in the morning nd am getting sick of it have tried changing it up so much can u miz it with protien powder and cook it i have seen tht somewere but not sure were

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have been eating oatmeal all the time in the morning nd am getting sick of it have tried changing it up so much can u miz it with protien powder and cook it i have seen tht somewere but not sure were
I have mixed it with a scoop of Myofusion and a 1/4 cup of milk and rather enjoyed it.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i put log cabin syrup and banannas in mine... cinnamon too

ChrisSurf

Awards
Scoop of chocolate protein is good, as well as I like adding some milk and raisons.

vpop91

Awards
Add the powder after it's cooked and cooled a little. The powder tends to clump up into a sort of paste or little balls with hot water.

lorden24

Awards
How to make muscle pudding:self made recipe

1 cup of raw oats
1 or 2 scoops of protein powder
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1/2 cup of milk

dont cook the oats, throw it all in a bowl, stir until you get a thick consistency, enjoy.

aldan

Awards
This how I do it:
1/2 cup of oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, 2 scoops of vanilla protein, sprinkle of cinnamon powder, handful of raisins, 1/3 cup of low fat milk. Mix all together and place in a microwave for 2 minutes......eat and enjoy

lucasta

Awards
Here goes mine:
oatmeal
skim milk
1 egg
teaspoon of milled flax seed
microwave for about 2 mins

cinnamon
tablespoon of honey
fresh blueberries
scoop of of vanilla greek style yogurt
bout a tablespoon of vanilla whey powder

enjoy :)

misterj

Awards
Try some steel cut oats for a different consistency. Cut up some apples and cook it with the oats. Add some sweetener and cinnamon. Maybe some walnuts. Oatmeal is such a blank canvas. Sometimes I add a shot of espresso for some coffee flavor. Experiment a little before you give up on one of the best foods on earth!

swoletip91

Awards
How to make muscle pudding:self made recipe

1 cup of raw oats
1 or 2 scoops of protein powder
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1/2 cup of milk

dont cook the oats, throw it all in a bowl, stir until you get a thick consistency, enjoy.
jus hadd it pretty good gona try cooking the oats a lil next time

purebred

I highly suggest everyone try Agave Nectar in their oatmeal. The vanilla flavor is absolutely phenomenal IMO!

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
i know how you feel.I eat it 2x a day morning/pre w/o.
I eat steel cut in morning with cinn,stevia,and usallaly a bananna.
My pre w/o oats is reg oatmeal with the stevia and cinn but with a scoop of choc gramah cracker whey and an apple.

Don't have a fav as long as it taste half way good and does it job.:banana:

watson36

watson36

Awards
Well,thanks for sharing useful information....Is oatmeal gain weight or loss weight...? Your suggestions will be appreciated...Thanks in advance...!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I used to mix whey in mine. Depends on my diet. Cinnamon is a must for taste and chock full of antioxidants, plus cinnamtannin 1B for blood sugar control when eating carbs.

How about cream of wheat? Steel cut oats are even lower GI but take a lot longer to cook. Oat bran is something you either love or hate. Wheat germ too.

purebred

Well,thanks for sharing useful information....Is oatmeal gain weight or loss weight...? Your suggestions will be appreciated...Thanks in advance...!
Food/caloric intake is what you should be concerned with if your goal is to reduce bodyfat/increase muscle mass (which ultimately leads to fat loss). Oatmeal is a fibrous food dense with nutrients so it can be included in virtually any diet.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I mix 1/2 cup of oats with 2 scoops of whey (what ever flavor I have at the time) add water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. It turns to a state where you can just drink it down. Its the only way I can get oatmeal down (the texture of cooked oatmeal is no good).

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
YES! Take 1 cup dry oats. 1 or 2 scoops of a good CInna bun Isolate. Then add around a cup of water and stir till all mixed in. Nuke that and OMG it's so good. I'll never eat plain oats again! :food:

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would wait and add the protein after you've microwaved the initial oatmeal mixture.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Try adding 1/2 cup of dry oats in with your normal protein shake in the blender. I go 2 scoops chocolate protein, a bit of water, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and a good amount of ice all blended. Makes a fantastic shake, about 560 cal, and the oats actually add a great texture.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
(Oatmeal+Peanut Butter+Banana+Chocolate Whey Concentrate+Water)/Blender=Scrumdiddely-umptious.

Rozman

Awards
I make a big batch of steel cut oats (sometimes 50/50 w/quinoa) at the beginning of the week and store it in the fridge. I add splenda, cinnamon, and a little coconut oil after it's cooked (I cook it in a rice steamer...works great) and stir it up really well. I take it to work and microwave it for 1-minute. I then add 1 scoop protein and 1/4-cup almond milk and stir. Works well and tastes great. Sometimes, if I know I'm going to use banana whey, I'll leave out the cinnamon and add more coconut oil...very tasty!

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
Holy cow thats a good idea, usually i put in a 1/3 cup of macadamia nut oil and 2 scoops of protein in mine for breakfast. Helps me get macros in

Doberman13

Awards
I eat oatmeal every day and keep it simple. For every one serving of oatmeal I add 1TB peanut butter and 1 md banana. It is my favorite part of the day.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I use milk, banana's, scoop of whey, scoop of PB, maybe some Walden Farms Syrup or jelly, Wheat Germ, Nuts, Cinnimon, etc. You can pretty much dump in anything you can think of :)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Walden Farms Sugar Free Syrup tastes great on oats!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
1.25 cups of oats
1.5 cups chocolate almond milk
2 tbs. peanut butter

microwave about 40 seconds (not a fan of fully cooked oats)

Bigjoe214

Bigjoe214

Awards
cinnamon, crushed almonds, and maple syrup.

toofat

toofat

Awards
You could try Greek yogart...

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards
I do steel cuts in the micro. Just pop 1/4 to 1/2 cup of them into a bowl and add water. Probably 3-4x the volume of the dry oats. Zap em for about 2-3 minutes, until they almost overflow the bowl (keep an eye on them). Then walk away for about 15-20 minutes. Come back, stir, zap them for another minute and they are good to go. I mix in stevia powder, cinnamon, a drop of vanilla extract, and if I have them some dried cranberries.

Usually I'll do the first part as soon as I wake up. After a shower/shave and tossing a few eggs in the pan they're ready to finish up.

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
Anyone mention PUMPKIN OATS yet? Add about 60g of canned pumpkin to a half cup serving of oats with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and splenda. BOOM! Freaking fantastic pumpkin pie oats. And you get a little extra fiber as a side. ;)

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone mention PUMPKIN OATS yet? Add about 60g to a half cup serving of oats with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and splenda. BOOM! Freaking fantastic pumpkin pie oats. And you get a little extra fiber as a side. ;)
Add 60g of what?

I've been using honey recently in my oatmeal. I have no idea why I didn't do it earlier - I guess honey has a strange taste ever since I got wasted on mead for my birthday - but it's really great!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
OMG pumpkin oats? This sounds great, I freakin schlooove pumpkin pie and oatmeal has been getting boring for the past 2 years every morning. Salivating as i type (no joke)

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
toofat

toofat

Awards
Just pour raw oats into your protein shake and drink them.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
big of oa choking hazard using raw steal cut oats in a shake, but i guess it is doable :)

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards
I add oats to shakes all the time. Get a good ol' cheap coffee grinder (10 bucks at wal mart) and spin some oats in that thing for about 20 seconds. Makes a fine powder.

I also use that grinder for flax seeds and dried chilies to add to soups, chili, spice mixes, etc.

Jentry07

Awards
Thanks for the advice, I have always been curious about that as well and thought it would just clump. I can't wait to try it now!

christine123

christine123

Banned
Awards
hello there!
don't eat too much oatmeal.. kidding aside em' newbie here.. hope to know more from you guys! :veryhappy:

rkillam

rkillam

Awards
I would suggest adding the pro powder AFTER its been cooked, as the heat will denature the protein.
I like taking egg whites, mixing in say about 1/4 cup oatmeal, and protein powder, and then cooking, mixing every minute until its formed a delicious scrambled egg/oatmeal mixture. I just picked up some cinnamon oatmeal flav isolate (nutrabolics,) thats delisshhhhh in oatmeal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mindgame Nutrition / Health 27
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0