- 10-06-2011, 12:53 PM
- 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM
I add oats to shakes all the time. Get a good ol' cheap coffee grinder (10 bucks at wal mart) and spin some oats in that thing for about 20 seconds. Makes a fine powder.
I also use that grinder for flax seeds and dried chilies to add to soups, chili, spice mixes, etc.
- 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have always been curious about that as well and thought it would just clump. I can't wait to try it now!
12-22-2011, 01:18 AM
don't eat too much oatmeal.. kidding aside em' newbie here.. hope to know more from you guys!
12-29-2011, 12:36 AM
I would suggest adding the pro powder AFTER its been cooked, as the heat will denature the protein.
I like taking egg whites, mixing in say about 1/4 cup oatmeal, and protein powder, and then cooking, mixing every minute until its formed a delicious scrambled egg/oatmeal mixture. I just picked up some cinnamon oatmeal flav isolate (nutrabolics,) thats delisshhhhh in oatmeal.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Macurran in forum RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2009, 11:55 PM
- By WarcraftJJS in forum RecipesReplies: 13Last Post: 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
- By Emerge in forum RecipesReplies: 60Last Post: 09-24-2008, 01:28 PM
- By fightercowboy in forum RecipesReplies: 13Last Post: 05-16-2006, 03:31 PM
- By sage in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 03-10-2003, 09:48 PM