oatmeal ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. ...

2. I do steel cuts in the micro. Just pop 1/4 to 1/2 cup of them into a bowl and add water. Probably 3-4x the volume of the dry oats. Zap em for about 2-3 minutes, until they almost overflow the bowl (keep an eye on them). Then walk away for about 15-20 minutes. Come back, stir, zap them for another minute and they are good to go. I mix in stevia powder, cinnamon, a drop of vanilla extract, and if I have them some dried cranberries.

Usually I'll do the first part as soon as I wake up. After a shower/shave and tossing a few eggs in the pan they're ready to finish up.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Walden Farms Sugar Free Syrup tastes great on oats!
    Their pancake syrup pretty much rules.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

4. Anyone mention PUMPKIN OATS yet? Add about 60g of canned pumpkin to a half cup serving of oats with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and splenda. BOOM! Freaking fantastic pumpkin pie oats. And you get a little extra fiber as a side.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

5. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Anyone mention PUMPKIN OATS yet? Add about 60g to a half cup serving of oats with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and splenda. BOOM! Freaking fantastic pumpkin pie oats. And you get a little extra fiber as a side.
    Add 60g of what?

I've been using honey recently in my oatmeal. I have no idea why I didn't do it earlier - I guess honey has a strange taste ever since I got wasted on mead for my birthday - but it's really great!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Add 60g of what?

!
    PUMPKIN! Straight pumpkin from the can.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

7. OMG pumpkin oats? This sounds great, I freakin schlooove pumpkin pie and oatmeal has been getting boring for the past 2 years every morning. Salivating as i type (no joke)

8. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    PUMPKIN! Straight pumpkin from the can.
    Very interesting ... I'll have to try it sometime

9. Just pour raw oats into your protein shake and drink them.

10. Quote Originally Posted by toofat View Post
    Just pour raw oats into your protein shake and drink them.
    I'd do this with instant oats, but definitely not with old fashioned

11. big of oa choking hazard using raw steal cut oats in a shake, but i guess it is doable

12. I add oats to shakes all the time. Get a good ol' cheap coffee grinder (10 bucks at wal mart) and spin some oats in that thing for about 20 seconds. Makes a fine powder.

I also use that grinder for flax seeds and dried chilies to add to soups, chili, spice mixes, etc.

13. Thanks for the advice, I have always been curious about that as well and thought it would just clump. I can't wait to try it now!

14. hello there!
    don't eat too much oatmeal.. kidding aside em' newbie here.. hope to know more from you guys!

15. I would suggest adding the pro powder AFTER its been cooked, as the heat will denature the protein.
    I like taking egg whites, mixing in say about 1/4 cup oatmeal, and protein powder, and then cooking, mixing every minute until its formed a delicious scrambled egg/oatmeal mixture. I just picked up some cinnamon oatmeal flav isolate (nutrabolics,) thats delisshhhhh in oatmeal.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. oatmeal cakes
    By Macurran in forum Recipes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 12:55 AM
  2. Protein oatmeal?
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Recipes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM
  3. I need help with oatmeal
    By Emerge in forum Recipes