Brown Rice recipes

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need some different ways to cook brown rice. My family is from the Island Guam, and white rice is a staple in our diets. However I understand brown is much more healtheir, I never seem to like brown rice when i try to cook it. I usually put it straight into pot or rice cooker but it comes out crunchy. I would love to eat it more often but think I need some tricks to make it more appealing.

BigTyler

Awards
you need to cook it longer than white rice. Put one part rice to two parts water in a pot. Bring it up to a boil. Reduce heat to "medium low" and cover, let cook for about 35 minutes or until all the water is gone. substitute some low sodium fat free chicken stock for the water to add a little flavor if you want.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man i will try that appreciate the reply!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you need to cook it longer than white rice. Put one part rice to two parts water in a pot. Bring it up to a boil. Reduce heat to "medium low" and cover, let cook for about 35 minutes or until all the water is gone. substitute some low sodium fat free chicken stock for the water to add a little flavor if you want.
I cooked up 2 cups (uncooked) brown rice like this last night.... I ended up eating it all in one serving haha

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I cooked up 2 cups (uncooked) brown rice like this last night.... I ended up eating it all in one serving haha
Definitely going to give it a try...I hate brown rice lol

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

mrlichty

mrlichty

Awards
If you want a good brown rice recipe, I usually mix rice with black beans, salsa, and some hot sauce.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I'm orginally from Hawaii so I feel ya! When I first started on brown, I'd mix half brown half white and cook it normally in a rice cooker. Then I'd go to 2:1 ratio, then 3:1 ratio, and now I eat straight brown. I've been cooking it like white rice in a regular rice cooker. You do know the knuckle measuring method, right?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just recently made a stuffed bell pepper meal with brown rice. I cooked the rice in a pot on the stove, browned some ground turkey, mixed it up with some tomatoe sauce, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and italian seasoning. put in a pepper and bake for an hour. Came out great, pretty lean and healthy. You can find a lot of good recipes online.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ground turkey + corn + ketchup nom nom

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I like to mix it with avocado, broccoli, and grilled chicken along with the red sauce that's traditionally for burritos.

dpk20x

Awards
Here's a pretty good one for ya. This can be used as filling for a burrito or a lettuce wrap, but I normally just throw it all together in a bowl and make a brown rice salad sort of thing. Only downside is there's a lot of chopping involved but if u have a food processor it's super easy.

Basically u wanna take a some cucumber, raddish, carrots, scallions, avacado, strawberry, fresh mint and cilantro and slice everything up and toss it in a bowl. Add in your rice and steak to get your macros where they need to be and squeeze some fresh lime juice on top and maybe season w a lil salt.