What do you think of this Chili recipe???

ChrisSurf

Awards
1 large onion - diced
1.5-2lbs. ground or turkey
2 large cans tomato sauce
2 large cans diced tomatoes
2 cans Ro-tel "hot" tomatoes and chilis
1 envelope McCormick chili mac Regular
1 envelop McCormick chili mac Hot
3 cans pinto beans (whole) drained
3 cans dark red kidney beans-drained

Friend made it and it was delicious with cheddar cheese, just wanted to see your thoughts on it from a workout point, not worried about fat as sorta in a bulking phase.

ChrisSurf

Awards
making it right now, except i grabbed ground chicken by accident in publix... have ground beef too so guess we'll see what it taste like with chicken added lol

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Idk how good it is for you... But there's protein and lots of it... Let me have a bowl haha

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Similar to my recipe except I use chunk/cubed venison. Should be great.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Sonofa.. forgot the Ro-Tel hot tomatoes and chilis :aargh:

Natural beast

Awards
It made me hungry and I just ate 1800 calories! That's pretty good.

ChrisSurf

Awards
OMG this was awesome, even forgetting the ro-tel hot tomatoes with chili's. I ended up with 1lb ground beef and 1lb ground chicken... this recipe is unbelievably good yet simple, I've seen a lot others that have way more ingredients yet didn't taste as good and filling. I think what really sets the flavor off is the Mcormick hot/reg mix combo, and slow cooking for hours.

This is a pretty big recipe too so use a big ass pot if you try it lol, I have a ton of left overs now. Even my gf loved it. Simple and good.

ChrisSurf

Awards
changed it up a bit:

Instead of the 2 large cans of diced tomatoes, I used 4 of the smaller cans that are diced with green peppers. and got the 2 cans of ro-tel hot tomatoes diced with habaneros. Added some more seasonings (cherry bbq from cherry republic, cinnamon, and garlic salt).

Came out incredible, much more "kick" to the spice. And was surprised to still taste a hint of cinnamon.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If not worried about fat, use lean red meat (93% or better).

HUGE DIFFERENCE in taste. I make chili every week and there is just no substitute for red meat's natural flavor in Chili. I've toyed around with turkey chili for years and the textrure and flavor just can't hang.

Often, you can find 96% if you become concerned down ther road (dieting). Also, on that note, simply lose the beans IF/WHEN you are going low carb.

Good Luck ;)

not worried about fat as sorta in a bulking phase.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ZiR RED Supplements 18
jumpshot903 Recipes 5
Recipes 2
TINYTOAD Recipes 11
Weight Loss 6